PDA

View Full Version : Trouble making decisions...

SleeplessInPA
09-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Does anyone else have trouble making major decisions? I'm not talking about the "where do I go to eat?" and "What do I want to do today decisions". I am talking about the major life decisions. I will go back and forth in my head repeatedly weighing the "what if's" of the decision. Of course I start to get anxious, worrying I am going to make the wrong decision.

sparkling
09-06-2013, 07:40 AM
I honestly don't know ANYONE who doesn't have any hesitations when making major life decisions. Anxiety or not, it might be scary, so don't be too hard on yourself - it's normal, it's human :)

SleeplessInPA
09-06-2013, 08:07 AM
I know, I guess I feel like i overanalyze it. I feel like I've made so many bad decisions in the past, now when I try to make a decision I feel like I am walking on egg shells.

str8trippin
09-06-2013, 08:18 AM
I do agree with Sparkling that making major life decisions is something that everyone struggles with, anxiety or not. However, I know exactly how you feel. Since having anxiety, I struggle with EVERY decisions, including the small day to day ones. There are times when I feel conflicted about just about everything. The difference being that the small day to day decisions, even though I feel like I have trouble making them at times, don't necessarily trigger anxiety, whereas the major life decisions do.

SleeplessInPA
09-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Exactly! Sometimes I over think the decisions and get myself so worked up. I am worried I am going to make the wrong decision and have a disastrous outcome!