PDA

View Full Version : Another trip to a&e feel like im losing my mind

petrified
09-06-2013, 03:41 AM
Hi I have health anxiety and I'm constantly seeking reassurance from doctors and dentists. The thing is I have a really bad dental infection at the moment and I have one of the lymph nodes above my collarbone really swelled last night, so I panicked and went to a & e. they took bloods, told me to continue with my antibiotics as it looked like infection was spreading. Any way I had a routine appointment booked to see my gp today so went along this morning to see about my anxiety. He was horrible told me I was overreacting about the lymph node and laughed at me. Gave me some sleeping pills and sent me on my way. I'm now a mess as I'm convinced I'm dying and no one will believe me because I have anxiety. Help!!

kilmarnock37
09-06-2013, 05:20 AM
Your doctor is an asdhole, find someone new who understands anxiety, in the mean time don't let your anxiety feed your anxiety,our brain rewards us for doing this and gives us more confidence for being anxious ,don't let doctor or the anxiety win

ParanoidPenny
09-06-2013, 05:37 AM
I just had this convo with a friend the other day about how people who dont have anxiety really dont understand and it is a horrible feeling. You ARE NOT going to die. Take a deep breath, get a new doctor and hopefully you will start to feel better. Good Luck!

SleeplessInPA
09-06-2013, 06:26 AM
That is terrible! Your doctor sounds like a real jerk. I would start looking for another ASAP. I am sorry you had such a bad experience. Take a deep breath and try to relax, you are not going to die. I hate that some people are so insensitive to anxiety, especially when they work in the medical field!!

petrified
09-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks everyone your replys are greatly appreciated and I'm definitely going to request a different gp next time