PDA

View Full Version : Advice

emtw12
09-06-2013, 02:22 AM
every Morning when I wake up about ten min after il start to feel pain and numbness in my arms and tingles and pain in my hands... it lasts all day on and off! its like its replaced my chest pain as i used to get that constantly but now I only get it a few times a day.. (touch wood!) yesterday I had two numb arms from the shoulder to the elbow it was scary as hell but the doctor says its anxiety but any other ideas what can this be? is it anxiety???! I do use my phone alot and carry my son but its both arms and hands :/

kilmarnock37
09-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Yeah it's anxiety, your waking every morning and expecting it to be there so your brain and body and anxiety is giving you what you want ,try and break the cycle of thinking this will happen ,change your morning routine so you don't have time to think this will happen and it won't. Sometimes reassurance is all we need.our brain rewards us for being anxious and gives us more confidence to be anxious.its a horrible vicious circle I know. Try to break that circle and you'll feel better

ParanoidPenny
09-06-2013, 05:34 AM
I used to have this same symptom in high school but it was my legs. I would be sitting there not thinking about it and BAM! I would run out of the classroom in major panic mode. It has happened to me and handful of times in my adult life but now I can remain calm and just be still until it passes.