PDA

View Full Version : Chest and back pains

ChrisMayo
11-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi,

I was diagnosed with anxiety some time ago, and went on Seroxat, after a few months, things got a lot better, and I'm now off Seroxat.

A couple of days ago I had sudden bad chest pains, and my heart was skipping beats etc. I was called an ambulance, and the paramedic didnt think it was anything cardiac related, but most like stress and anxiety again.

I've felt better today, but been getting bad back and chest pains again, and worried that it might be something more serious than anxiety, even though the paramedic and 2 doctors have said I am suffering from anxiety.

The pain occasionally goes away, but at the moment is fairly constant

Anyone else have any advice or had something similar?

Chris

ghall
11-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Definitaly talk to your doctor, and express your concern, and see what you can do to be absolutely sure. You probably have nothing to worry about since this started after you stopped taking Seroxat. I generally get similar symptoms if I don't take my medication, but a few days after I continue taking it, I feel much better.

Again though, if this is a big concern of yours, then you owe it to yourself to get to the bottom of it.

gavin
11-19-2007, 11:30 PM
chris i get the same thing as you are geting now and it is all anxiety you may notice that it only happenes when you have anxiety i also get pain in the left shoulder bad indigestion and the heart skipping i been to a heart doctor and he found nothing hope this helps

swaneejuggalo
11-24-2007, 07:00 AM
i have had all the same symtoms constantly until i went to the hospital and had a EKG and chest x ray wich calmed me when they told me theres was nothig wrong i used to manifest heart attack symtoms all the time before then and now when i fell like that i can tell myself to chill ill be ok and get through them.