PDA

View Full Version : I hate...

SleeplessInPA
09-05-2013, 06:40 AM
When I log on to Facebook and start to get depressed when I look at others profiles. Everyone looks so happy and carefree...meanwhile here I am, anxious, single, no kids, in debt and moving home. It makes me feel really crappy!

anxiousashley
09-05-2013, 07:13 AM
When I log on to Facebook and start to get depressed when I look at others profiles. Everyone looks so happy and carefree...meanwhile here I am, anxious, single, no kids, in debt and moving home. It makes me feel really crappy!

I can totally relate! Facebook is terrible for this! In fact my biggest issue with struggling with my anxiety disorder is how jealous it makes me of other people who clearly don't have it. I envy their "normal" life!

SleeplessInPA
09-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Yes! I don't want to be this person, but some days I can't help it! I try to remind myself that things aren't always what they seem, and it's very easy to assume peoples lives are "perfect" but that is not always the case. Some days it helps and others, not so much....

anxiousashley
09-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Yes! I don't want to be this person, but some days I can't help it! I try to remind myself that things aren't always what they seem, and it's very easy to assume peoples lives are "perfect" but that is not always the case. Some days it helps and others, not so much....

I completely agree! And I've been really bad about it these past few days. Even with my family members. I am always like "At least XYZ doesn't have to feel like this all the time! Must be nice!" But you are right. Things aren't always what they seem for other people. What we believe is "perfect" for them is more often that not really not the case!

SleeplessInPA
09-05-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm glad I am not the only one feeling this way...lol