PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and possibly links to food or allergies ?

DancerK
09-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I won't go into the anxiety side of my issue other than I've had 'anxiety' for so long that I'm almost over the panicking part and more now just trying to find a common denominator that may trigger it or heighten it at times.

I'm a vegetarian... have been for over 27 years. I've found a few foods in the past seem to heighten my anxiety but nothing like I've experienced with a Gardein product...

Let me be clear in my story here.

Around a week before my period my anxiety levels get ridiculous and my stomach very sensitive, it lasts a day sometimes two days but no more than that.

Within my 10 day yucky pre period 'period', I had some of the Gardein Beefless Tips for my lunch... I'd say within an hour or perhaps a little less I felt so anxious and nauseous, my anxiety these days is usually in my head with the odd jelly legs or tingly fingers, but this one this was a full on aaaah horrible I'm going to pass out anxiety attack.

I put it down to being that time of the month, but a few weeks later I had the same Beefless Tips again and a similar anxiety reaction.

I'm not 100% sure if a. it is perhaps an ingredient in this food item that just doesn't agree with me, b. if I just happen to eat these during my yucky tummy days (pretty sure I don't though) or c. if it's just a sub concious thing I do knowing I'm eating a food that may cause me anxiety.

I've also never had any problems with the other Gardein products so I wondered if I posted the ingredients below for the Gardein Tips and another Gardein Product that I don't react to, if anyone know if any of the ingredients are known anxiety culprits ?

Gardein Beef Tips - Anxiety

ingredients
gardein: water, vital wheat gluten, soy protein isolate*, expeller pressed/canola oil, organic ancient grain flour (kamut®, amaranth, millet, quinoa), onion, natural flavors (from plant sources), modified vegetable gum, malted barley extract, yeast extract, garlic powder, onion powder, potato starch, organic cane sugar, sea salt, pea protein, carrot fiber, beetroot fiber, spices. rub: dehydrated vegetable (red bell pepper, garlic, onion), spices, organic cane sugar, salt. *non-genetically engineered soy and wheat.

BBQ Riblets - No Anxiety
ingredients
gardein: water, vital wheat gluten*, soy protein isolate*, expeller pressed/canola oil, onions, yeast extract, modified vegetable gum, organic cane sugar, garlic powder, natural flavors (from plant sources), potato starch, onion powder, sea salt, spices, malted barley extract, vinegar, pea protein, carrot fiber, beetroot fiber, citric acid, extractives of turmeric. sauce: crushed tomatoes (tomatoes, salt, citric acid), organic cane sugar, water, dijon mustard (water, mustard flour, white vinegar), blackstrap molasses, malted barley extract, sea salt, spices, vinegar, corn starch, xanthan gum, onion powder, smoke flavor, paprika, garlic powder. *non-genetically engineered soybeans and wheat.

:)