PDA

View Full Version : why does anxiety and panic make u question reality

lee2
09-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Like I look.at my family and I just feel like this is me, suffering so bad this is my family..just weird stuff

MitchHuxtable
09-04-2013, 05:08 AM
That's like me all the time when I have an attack its worse because I worry about the attack

raggamuffin
09-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Because anxiety is very self absorbing. You wind up secluded from reality and instead living a day to day life of paranoia, fear and worries. So the normality of the world around you is called into question and sometimes you struggle to remember what a normal day feels like.

By understanding anxxiety you can remove the fear and worry over time. These are what fuel anxiety and keep the symptoms and strange sensations going. When you reach the point of fully 100% accepting every pain and odd sensation is anxiety you begin more and more to rationalize the situation instead of relying on fear and worry to take over and feel even more scared and emotional.

At the end of the day anxiety does not control our lives. We control anxiety and it's up to us to overcome it. No magic pill, amazing diet or spending hundreds on supplements is going to cure you of that. it's a mindset and one that has built up over months or years of stress. Ergo you have to gradually undo it and replace the paranoia and overrly sensitive fight or flight response with rationalization of your situation and keeping calm and staying positive.

Ed

lee2
09-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks so much but u also know when anxiety is so high nothing seems to make u calm down