PDA

View Full Version : Ear ringing

Jessicaleanne1992
09-03-2013, 11:31 AM
My ear has been ringing for like 20 minites and i freaking out im scared it wont ever go away. Idk what caused it or how to fix it. What do i do? Help please

onebreathatatime
09-03-2013, 12:36 PM
My ear has been ringing for like 20 minites and i freaking out im scared it wont ever go away. Idk what caused it or how to fix it. What do i do? Help please

Do you still have it? I get it bad.... Sometimes it's quick sometimes it lingers. Very frustrating and unnerving, have you gone to the drs about it?

Jessicaleanne1992
09-03-2013, 05:28 PM
@Onebreathatatime
thanks for your reply, I took ativan and hot bath and went to sleep. It went away in my right ear. Now its back faintly in my left. Idk what to do. I have drs appointment thursday.

alfred24
09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Have you taken any Advil or aspirin recently? It can also be caused by too much sodium I think. Can even be caused by too much ear wax build up. I have a ringing in my left year. I've had it for about 3 yrs now. But that's because I listened to too much loud music.

Jessicaleanne1992
09-04-2013, 04:25 AM
@alfred

That sounds terrible?! How do you deal with it?

raggamuffin
09-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Could be ear wax. Or, as with everyone if the room you're in is dead quiet all you will hear is ringing. If you allow this to become a fear and worry then you'll fixate on it and probably hear it even when there's other noises around you.

It's mind over matter. The more worry and fear you bestow a symptom the longer it'll last and the more intense it'll feel.

Ed

alfred24
09-04-2013, 09:19 AM
@alfred

That sounds terrible?! How do you deal with it?

Well surprisingly it's easy to deal with now. You should've seen me the first day it happened. I couldn't understand anything anyone was saying. It scared me pretty bad. But now the ringing is almost unnoticeable. I can always hear it but usually its not loud enough to distract me. Sometimes it gets louder but for a few seconds and it dies down again. I don't notice it much anymore

Jessicaleanne1992
09-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks for all your replies everyone

CandyMan28
09-05-2013, 05:40 PM
My ears ring all the time, sometimes worse than others. Some medications including OTC can cause this, even aspirin. It is not anything serious. I have been to the Dr. over mine, and He said that I could go to an audiologist and see if hearing aids would overcome the ringing. I thought seriously, that is the dumbest advice I could imagine. I hear just fine.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is you are fine and it will pass, and even if it doesn't it is still extremely unlikely it is anything other than your body actin normally.

Dahila
09-05-2013, 07:04 PM
tinnitus, it happens to a lot of people and unfortunately it will be connected to future hearing loss. I got it like for ten years before I start to hear worse. It took me another 5 years of denial, before I decided to get the hearing aids. When I have them in they are masking the noises, as soon as I take them out the lovely sound is back. I programmed myself to ignore the noise. It comes and it goes. Hopefully in your situation it will leave you alone :)

ParanoidPenny
09-05-2013, 08:23 PM
I have to sleep with a fan on just to make noise. If it is completely silent all I hear is a loud roaring/ringing. It's horrible. I fly for a living so I contribute it partly to that and to my anxiety since I focus on it too much.