PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety advice

Mranx
09-03-2013, 08:39 AM
I had managed to convince myself that I had OCD because I was stuck on a particular non threatening thought for a couple of hours. I then looked up OCD on Wikipedia and I seen that they had intrusive thoughts with some of a sexual nature, I convinced myself that I was sexually attracted to my girlfriends niece. My brain got completely stuck on this thought and then the more I tried to remove this thought the worse my anxiety became. It was an awful time, absolutely traumatic. The more I began to rationalise these thoughts they began to change to my family members children etc. I felt like every time I got used to these thoughts they would change. To me the worst imaginable was children and my family. As time has gone by I manage to have some control of them but now I spend a lot of my day in fear of being totally consumed by pure obsessive panic fear and anxiety. It was such a traumatic experience And it has left deep scars on me mentally. The fear of anxiety has stopped me from enjoying holidays it has stopped me from travelling. I just remember how horrible a time I had and I fear it coming back.

trinidiva
09-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Have you seen a doc? There are meds that can help regulate the anxiety and allow you to relax a bit.Trust me, I know from experience that if you allow it, anxiety can overtake your entire life!

alankay
09-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Yep, I'd see a doc on his as it seems you're caught up in a nasty cycle of anxiety. Alankay