PDA

View Full Version : Meds for SA

Sockpuppet
09-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Just wondering what meds (if any) people are on for their anxiety and how useful they find them? I have restarted Zoloft after my anxiety/depression returned after having a baby (have just restarted) Was on 50mg and now on 100mg, been on for a month and have had minimal reduction in anxiety but still feeling crappy : (

alankay
09-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Hold on that dose for another month, if no change try prozac or celexa. Then paxil or effexxor if the other ssri's fail. You can also augment an ssri with wellbutrin or buspar but doc usually have one they like for that purpose. Alankay

Sockpuppet
09-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Thanks alankay! It's been so long since I first started meds that restarting is making me fearful they don't work. I guess 2 months makes sense as they say it can take awhile to kick in. Have you had Zoloft? Did it help?

alankay
09-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Yes I liked zoloft but it gave me the munchies but prozac doesn't. It may not give you them though as we all are different. The side effects usually go away anyway but after 6 months I still had those munchies so I tried celexa, lexapro(didn't sleep well at all on either) before going back to prozac. For me it helps with the fewest side effects. None really after giving it some time. Alankay