PDA

View Full Version : New member

Vikki
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Hello, I just signed up for this forum instead of going to the grocery store. I paniced at the thought of leaving the house...I feel so trapped and have lost control of my life to Agoraphobia. Two weeks ago I had a good job, and even tho it was difficult to make it to work, I could. My boss is holding it for me, but I am too anxious to return. Can someone help me get my life back???

brickyard_red
10-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Welcome Vikki! I'm so glad you found this forum! Read what others have posted and ask questions as needed and know that you always have a friend here who will be willing to listen.

Plus, make sure you keep in contact with your dr. They can help you more than any of us can in getting you back out there where you need to be. We can be a support group, but it's the professional help that you need! Hang in there and know that it will get better!

Cath :)

duddits
10-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum, Vikki. I'm sorry that agoraphobia is ruining your life, but glad that you found this forum. It takes courage to ask for help, and thats what this entire forum is about, helping anxiety sufferers.

Echoing what brickyard_red said, we can be a support group, but you need a mental health professional. Have you seen a psychologist yet for agoraphobia?