PDA

View Full Version : anxiety, panic disorder

lee2
09-02-2013, 06:22 PM
I had this when I was younger and went to therpy for lil they tried to put me on meds but didn't take it... now 10yr later it struck me like lighting...I woke up shaking,gagging, etc..for week didn't eat...quit my job...it's now 4 months been on meds for month...I feel like May be there helping the depression??? Maybe.....but I do feel like I am getting appite...I still feel pretty bad..I.have 2 angels just about ti start school and I just so messed up!!!!!!!!...Gosh I cry for mercy..I have kids who depend on me...

AnxiousDad
09-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Hi Lee

I'm new here like you. Sorry you are going through this. What medication are you taking, if you don't mind sharing? I've tried a few (Effexor, Lexapro, zoloft) and all had pretty rough side effects for the first month. Once I got past a month, I felt they started to help.

lee2
09-02-2013, 06:49 PM
I got on generic Zoloft, and clonazepam:-(...I have this stigma about mental Illness...sucks so bad..I like lost my self..I feel all these crazy feelings....

lee2
09-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Also I was never going to take meds..but I have no choice I have to boys...I feel like I.never gonna feel ok...

lee2
09-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Funny anxious dad I tried to email u..but it wouldn't let me....before u emailed me

AnxiousDad
09-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Zoloft seemed to work best for me. I understand you not wanting to be on them as I feel the same, but if they help, I'd rather feel better taking them than not take them and feel awful.