PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated!!!

Rickk90
09-02-2013, 12:22 PM
I can't take this weird feeling in my neck/throat..

If I wear a tight shirt or wear a seatbelt it feels like somebody is holding my neck.
I've had my thyroid check both by my GP and at the ER..
Don't know what this can be. All webmd shows is damn deadly diseases /:
Please help

JustAnotherAttack
09-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Lol, never google. People with anxiety and especially health anxiety should stay away from googling symptoms.
Ugh I've done it before and I was convinced I had brain cancer or a tumor the size of a golf ball.

The feeling will go away. Its anxiety. Anxiety causes a wide range of symptoms including strange "I cant breathe properly" feelings in the throat. Neck tightness or tension is common too. When you're stressed out and anxious your body tenses up.
Try massaging your neck and lightly massaging your throat.
The doctors didn't find anything wrong when you visited correct?
If not...trust them. I like to think that if doctors can get an extra penny or two from you by performing tests and whatnot then they will. If they didn't its because they have no reason to believe that you need it. :)

Rickk90
09-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Lol, never google. People with anxiety and especially health anxiety should stay away from googling symptoms.
Ugh I've done it before and I was convinced I had brain cancer or a tumor the size of a golf ball.

The feeling will go away. Its anxiety. Anxiety causes a wide range of symptoms including strange "I cant breathe properly" feelings in the throat. Neck tightness or tension is common too. When you're stressed out and anxious your body tenses up.
Try massaging your neck and lightly massaging your throat.
The doctors didn't find anything wrong when you visited correct?
If not...trust them. I like to think that if doctors can get an extra penny or two from you by performing tests and whatnot then they will. If they didn't its because they have no reason to believe that you need it. :)

You're absolutely right ..
Doctors didn't find anything
And don't seem too concerned.
I'm just tired of all these symptoms hunting me/:
When one symptoms disappears I get a different one

JustAnotherAttack
09-02-2013, 01:01 PM
You're going to be okay. :)

The thing to remember is that sometimes we expect for another symptom to appear. We have the mindset of "okay, thats gone thankfully, but what is next?" and then shortly after that thought we start to feel another unpleasant symptom.
Distracting yourself is a great idea...reading the forums, posting on peoples posts, making new posts...those are things that have helped me out so much since I've found this forum!