PDA

View Full Version : Lightness In Left Arm

jumptheline
09-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum but have been a passive member for a long time now. The reason I decided to post is that about a month ago, I had a severe headache. It was nothing like any I had experienced before, not even a migraine. It felt like there was something INSIDE my brain which was putting pressure on it and this happened in the left middle part of my brain. I went to the doctor and he said it was nothing but anxiety and gave me a pain-reliever injection and sent me home. The pain subsided that night and didn't return after that. However, about two weeks ago, I started to notice that my left arm and hand was feeling lighter than the right. There was no tingling or pins-and-needles sensation, just lightness in the arms. Also I got mild dizziness which elevated when I lied down on the bed or when I went into the shower. The dizziness continued for more than a week but slowly subsided and now is almost gone. However the lightness in my arm still remains and sometimes I feel as if the whole left part of my body is lighter than the right part. Could this be a sign of a potential ailment? I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I should mention that I am a hypochondriac and tend to get freaked out very easily. In fact the time when I had the strange headache I described above was when I had been researching on the internet for eye problems as I have recently had an increase in my eye-floaters.