PDA

View Full Version : Strange Insomnia

insomnia
09-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi all, first time poster here. I'm basically a really huge hypochondriac. I always think I have something wrong with me that will lead me to die, but I never actually do. Lately I've been worried about not sleeping. When I go to bed at night, I worry that I won't be able to fall asleep and that I'll be awake for days. This has led to me having a weird kind of insomnia where I fall asleep but then wake up within an hour. Sometimes I can get 9 hours sleep this way, but I still don't feel totally refreshed probably because of the amount of times I wake up.

Over the past few days I've found it extremely difficult to fall asleep.. I can lay in bed for 10 hours and only get a couple hours of sleep. I'm constantly terrified that I'll never sleep again and I'll eventually die of exhaustion. Whenever I've told anyone they say I'm being silly and that it's impossible not to sleep, it'll happen eventually. Yet I still worry about it. :/ Meanwhile I'm exhausted, and I just want to be able to sleep properly again. Anyone had insomnia like this?

autumnbee123
09-01-2013, 01:28 PM
I do because I'm scared that I'm gonna die in my sleep and no one will know so I try and stay up as long as possible. I can sleep 4 hours in 3 days all together. I'm so scared of falling asleep. Because I'm so scared that I'm gonna die any minute sleep or not

JustAnotherAttack
09-01-2013, 03:08 PM
I do the same thing Insomnia.
I lay in bed for hours and then finally fall asleep only to wake up an hour or so later.
It gets annoying, but you're not going to die.

Do you have any trouble sleeping during the day? I sleep better during the day and most days I have to take a nap. It works for me.

frankzito
09-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Your sleep will come back in time. Could take months or longer

insomnia
09-01-2013, 03:21 PM
I do the same thing Insomnia.
I lay in bed for hours and then finally fall asleep only to wake up an hour or so later.
It gets annoying, but you're not going to die.

Do you have any trouble sleeping during the day? I sleep better during the day and most days I have to take a nap. It works for me.

Thanks for the reply. I usually sleep during the day, when I can. Sometimes when I wake up, I have to check the clock to make sure that I've even been asleep because it doesn't feel like it. :/

Do you ever lay awake and find yourself almost falling asleep? Like your imagination goes off on a tangent and you see pictures of various random things, almost like a mini-dream before you fall asleep?

insomnia
09-01-2013, 03:24 PM
I do because I'm scared that I'm gonna die in my sleep and no one will know so I try and stay up as long as possible. I can sleep 4 hours in 3 days all together. I'm so scared of falling asleep. Because I'm so scared that I'm gonna die any minute sleep or not

Seems we've got the opposite fear, lol. You're afraid of falling asleep, I'm afraid of not. Hope you get over the fear soon. :)