PDA

View Full Version : Loud pulse in ear

stephanie3126
09-01-2013, 05:17 AM
I've posted this before but i figure i'd do it again. I've been having this odd feeling in my right ear for about 2 weeks now, kind of like an elevated pulse. It gets the most aggravated when I turn my head a certain way or I move around a lot. Not really much pain though, it comes and goes. I went to my GP and he prescribed me some antibiotic ear drops and really hasn't done much, and maybe even got worse. maybe it's just an ear infection that will go away eventually, although it has been more than a week I've had this and no change. Or it could be pulsatile tinnitus. While looking this up (I know I shouldn't be looking up symptoms but I can't help it :/ ) I've read a link between pulsatile tinnitus and anxiety/depression and it sometimes occurs when there is a change in blood flow. I'm trying not to think anything worse is happening, like a tumor and it's taking everything in me not to google symptoms right now..

The one thing that is calming me down is that I developed a cough and a fever (it eventually went away after about a day though) maybe 5-6 days after I got the ear infection (or whatever it is) but that's gone away and the ear pulse is still going strong..

Anyway, if anyone has ever experienced something like this please let me know or maybe have a suspicion on what it is. I'm going a little nuts. I'm going through every possible symptom and it's not good for me at all. I've got an appointment with the ENT on the 9th so hopefully it will all be resolve by then but right now I am freaking out and thinking something is seriously wrong with me in my head or brain or something and I hate it.

laurentellez
09-01-2013, 11:14 AM
I have this problem right now as of lastnight.. my left ear feels extremely full, my right is makes a loud thumping noise throughout the day lasting about 10sec per episode... I am freaked right now. :(

jessy
09-01-2013, 02:44 PM
I have this every night . Drives me nuts . Got it now :-(

frankzito
09-01-2013, 02:48 PM
I get it both ears. Kinda of a squish squish heart beat sound. I think it's high blood pressure. Word

laurentellez
09-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Did u know that bad posture causes this?? I know my posture is way off.. ur ears are supposed to be behind ur shoulders. Instead my are in front... I never knew this

frankzito
09-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Did u know that bad posture causes this?? I know my posture is way off.. ur ears are supposed to be behind ur shoulders. Instead my are in front... I never knew this

I have bad posture and all them symptoms above to . Could be

laurentellez
09-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I posted a link that confirms a lot of my symptoms

frankzito
09-01-2013, 04:22 PM
I posted a link that confirms a lot of my symptoms

Yes, I read it. Thank you

tmolf36
09-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I have this too and it drives me crazy. I did see an E.N.T and he said that when you have anxiety your body heats up which causes the wax in your ears to melt which makes you hear the sounds in your body and if u have anxiety your pulse tends to beat faster hence the heart beat sound in your ears.

stephanie3126
09-10-2013, 02:24 AM
I have this too and it drives me crazy. I did see an E.N.T and he said that when you have anxiety your body heats up which causes the wax in your ears to melt which makes you hear the sounds in your body and if u have anxiety your pulse tends to beat faster hence the heart beat sound in your ears.

I know this is a late reply but I'll bump it anyway. Have you resolved this issue at all?

My appt with an ENT was today and he said he's sure everything is fine, he cleaned up my ears and took excess fluid out of my right ear (the one that has the pulse) although the pulse is still there. He asks me if anything is bothering me like school and work and I said I just started school. All he said was to relax and everything will be fine. Now him telling me that, now I know it likely has something to do with anxiety. He wouldn't ask me if there's anything stressful going on in my life for no reason. He gave me an appt with an audiologist to do a hearing test on Friday and I'll be seeing him the week after for another appt. Hopefully then we'll resolve the issue. I'm trying my best to not think anything serious is wrong with me but this is putting me at ease just a tad. My hearing as far as I know is completely fine so I'm sure there's nothing there to be worried about.

My guess is that it's tinnitus caused by my anxiety, increased blood flow in the nervous system most likely. Not too sure how all of this will go away but it's becoming quite bothersome. It's fine when I'm in a loud room full of people or listening to music or the TV.. but when I'm alone it's super annoying and loud. Hoping this will all go away soon. :/

tmolf36
09-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Never resolved still have it...but now that I went to the doc it doesn't bother me as much...it truly is just another symptom of anxiety and the more I except that the less I hear it.

stephanie3126
09-10-2013, 04:57 AM
Never resolved still have it...but now that I went to the doc it doesn't bother me as much...it truly is just another symptom of anxiety and the more I except that the less I hear it.

Fair enough.. I hope it goes away for you though. I'm just not 100% that it's anxiety related just yet because the doc didn't tell me straight up that was the problem. When he tells me I'll believe it. I think reassurance is the best thing for me at this point for me to get this noise to die down. I'm just really scared and I don't want this forever.

tmolf36
09-10-2013, 05:52 AM
A doc will never say its anxiety without running further test. Once everything comes back fine then they can say its anxiety. Hang in there. This forum has really helped me out alot . We are not alone! I know this sounds crazy but when I read what people post and say to myself wow that how I feel or thats what I have....that's when it hits me that we all can't be "dying" of the same thing. Therefore it is anxiety and that helps me get through the day.

stephanie3126
09-10-2013, 05:50 PM
A doc will never say its anxiety without running further test. Once everything comes back fine then they can say its anxiety. Hang in there. This forum has really helped me out alot . We are not alone! I know this sounds crazy but when I read what people post and say to myself wow that how I feel or thats what I have....that's when it hits me that we all can't be "dying" of the same thing. Therefore it is anxiety and that helps me get through the day.

Thank you, I appreciate that. can I message you? I don't have anyone with this problem and I can't really know how to deal with it any other way. But either way, you can message me anytime you want as well.

tmolf36
09-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Sure u can message me anytime!

colleen1962
10-30-2013, 07:19 AM
yes I have the ringing quite often but lately it has gotten way worse and now a "loud buzz" has added to it. I have had a cold for about a month turned into a sinus infection and doc put me on cipro but the buzz is still there, and it makes my anxiety go nuts. And as you know once you get anxiety over a symptom, it makes the symptom worse!
My husband has cancer and I really haven't felt well since I found out, prone to colds, allergies and exhausted all the time.
I use Prozac and zannax but it only helps so much.

anyone else have buzzing in the ears/ears?