PDA

View Full Version : Nervous stomach??

cred
11-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Along with other anxiety symptoms, my stomach has been rumbling and I can hear the acid move around constantly. It has even woken me up on occasion. Is this what they call a nervous stomach?
Does anyone else have this???

RabidBadger
11-11-2007, 06:35 PM
One of the affects of adrenalin is that it diverts blood away from your digestive system. This can cause butterflies, belching, nausea, dry mouth, acid reflux, etc.

anx_taking_over_my_life
05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I have a similar problem but it has been persisting for several months - I have dry and watery mouth at times, burping, and menstrual irregularities. This all started when I entered a stressful period (anxiety about my future and where I was heading in life). I keep worrying that I have some horrible medical condition and I can't stop thinking about it. I've tried some relaxation and exercise with some improvement but I WISH SO MUCH everynight that I can go back to normal. I HATE THIS!!! I can't even go through a day without either chewing gum or sipping water constantly.

MissCKC
05-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Yep. My stomach feels upset constantly. I make more frequent trips to the restroom and if I'm not doing that than my stomach is either acidy or bubbly. I am assuming that it is do to the anxiety/stress. It's extremely frustrating.