PDA

View Full Version : Zimovane - Zopiclone

smurfychris
08-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Ok at the start of August I went to the doctors, and he decided to ween me off what I was taking, Mirtazipine and diazepam(when needed). He asked me to take the mirtazipine once every other day for a week or two, then one a week for a couple of weeks, then try something new. I started a new job on August the 7th, it's going really well. Anyway at some points I was struggling and felt really edging, putting it down to only taking the Mirt every other night, I started taking it nightly again. Now for the last week I had started taking them every other day again as I was getting used to work. I was running out so asked my mother to try and sort it. She said yesterday she was getting the pills tomorrow(today). She's just given them to me, 14 diazepam as usual, but along with that there was no mirtazipine(which I was kind of expecting), but something called Zimovane/Zopiclone 3.75mg tablets.

I have two Mirtazipine pills left, my question would maybe be, should I take a M tonight(I didn't take one last night) and then skip a day and take the last one, then start this zopiclone? Or should I just start the Zopiclone tonight and hope? Or am I making a stupid assumption that this is the pill my doctore was going to change me to and the pharmacy got it wrong ha ha.

Has anyone ever used Zopiclone along with Diazepam? Any help appreciated, as always.

smurfychris
09-03-2013, 11:51 AM
no one had this?

maria.g
09-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi ya - yeah I have taken zolpidem (same as zimovane. Sleeping tablets) along with mirtrazapine and anti-depressants.
Some docs prescribe mirtrazapine/anti d's and anti anxiety such as Xanax or diazepam. Unfortunately you build a tolerance to all of these . I know I did. Your doc appears to be trying to wean you off the mirt. The z tabs are generally the sleepers. Mirt had me eating like a horse. Diazepam didn't do much for me but Xanax did. Again though, tolerance had me needing more and doc not too impressed. Not so easy to get anti anxiety meds as addictive :-(

maria.g
09-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Meant to say that as mirt is used to help you sleep, not to take it when taking the zopiclone as both together would be too much. I have taken mirt and diazepam though on nights that I've struggled to sleep.
Am now on zolpidem only. Mirtrazapine gave me bad hangover. An quite sure that the zopiclone is to replace the mirtrazapine.

smurfychris
09-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Meant to say that as mirt is used to help you sleep, not to take it when taking the zopiclone as both together would be too much. I have taken mirt and diazepam though on nights that I've struggled to sleep.
Am now on zolpidem only. Mirtrazapine gave me bad hangover. An quite sure that the zopiclone is to replace the mirtrazapine.

Ah thank you so much for the reply Maria, I do know that he wanted to ween me off of them at some point. So do you think the intention was to take the zopiclone nightly, and just use the Diazepam as I always have, as when and needed.

maria.g
09-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Yes that would sound right. My doc had me on mirt for sleeping although its also an anti depressant. Try the zimovane at night instead of the mirt. And yeah, I would take the Diaz as and when needed.
Wish I had some right now. 11.41pm and no sign of sleep here :-@

smurfychris
09-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Yes that would sound right. My doc had me on mirt for sleeping although its also an anti depressant. Try the zimovane at night instead of the mirt. And yeah, I would take the Diaz as and when needed.
Wish I had some right now. 11.41pm and no sign of sleep here :-@

I have one more question for you, I have 1 more mirt left, I've been taking them every other day for a week to lower it, do you think I can take the last one tonight, then start the Zop in two days? Yah I always struggle with sleep! Now working properly I'm trying to get used to it. Thanks for the replies by the way Maria

maria.g
09-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Yep, take last mirtrazapine and you could start taking the zimovane tomorrow if you felt you needed it.

alankay
09-03-2013, 06:30 PM
The Zopiclone may help enough with anxiety on it's own so try that. But yes you can take valium at a low dose as they will act together and might make you drowsy to just give the one med time before adding the valium. It best to find one med for the given complaint and us it instead of polypharmacy(2 meds for one issue) but for the moment you'll be OK on the low doses IMHO. Alankay

smurfychris
09-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks, lil update on this. I rang the doctors but my GP wasn't in today, so I got referred to chat to someone else, apparently they use zopiclone to cushion the blow so to speak, when it comes to weening us off of some of these drugs, fingers crossed.

smurfychris
09-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Ok I've had this for two days in a row, and it works, I fall asleep, but omg in the mornings the taste is horrid, like during the day, anyway to combat it? Should I only be taking the Zopiclone at night when I feel I need it? Or take one a night like it says on the prescription?