PDA

View Full Version : Re-Posted from "Welcome"

steve1984
08-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi

I'm not to this forum and never really posted on forums before. I think i have suffered with anxiety most of my life. I often find it hard to sleep (use over the counter sleeping pills alot) i worry all the time, over think everything and always imagine the worst in pretty much every situation. I can't stop thoughts going round my head and its hard to describe the feeling but its kind of like a constant mild panic i feel it in my chest and my head feels tight. My wife can always tell when my anxiety is bad, she says i seem detached and like a different person, she notices before i do most the time. She is out tonight and i'm feeling pretty crap so thought i'd try this forum.

Anyway thanks for reading if anyone does

KitahD
08-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Just wanted to say that you're not alone. My husband notices when I'm anxious...I also get quiet...

tailspin
09-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Hi

I'm not to this forum and never really posted on forums before. I think i have suffered with anxiety most of my life. I often find it hard to sleep (use over the counter sleeping pills alot) i worry all the time, over think everything and always imagine the worst in pretty much every situation. I can't stop thoughts going round my head and its hard to describe the feeling but its kind of like a constant mild panic i feel it in my chest and my head feels tight. My wife can always tell when my anxiety is bad, she says i seem detached and like a different person, she notices before i do most the time. She is out tonight and i'm feeling pretty crap so thought i'd try this forum.

Anyway thanks for reading if anyone does

Hi Steve, I can really relate to this. A lot of what you write here describes me too. With me, I then made the mistake of trying to avoid things that caused me even more anxiety. That was a really bad idea and it's a slippery slope.

Have you thought about trying some counseling?