PDA

View Full Version : Cymbalta - Has it Worked for You?

nyscott
11-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi,
I don't know if I should have posted a Welcome thread, so I apologize if I am out of order. I'm new to this forum and any anxiety forums. I'm hoping to get some comments about Cymbalta?

I've had anxiety for 20 years. It was always something I could cope with, by, yes... avoiding certain social situations and even some jobs. It started to be unavoidable when I got my first panic attack about 10 years ago. Since that time, I had tried Paxil with some success but too many side effects for me. I didn't feel as anxious but I also didn't feel much at all. I said to a therapist, I could win the lottery right now and not have much to say other than to blandly state "That's great". It dulled my personality and sexual and urinary function. And, when I stopped taking it, which I should have done more gradually, I had horrible flu symptoms for over a week.

I later tried Celexa and then Zoloft which didn't seem to help enough. ( I had come to discover that most people I know that are taking these types of meds as well as some of my brothers take Zoloft)

So.... I'm now starting a trial pack of Cymbalta. In a week I will need to decide if this is the regiment I'm prepared to commit to. Can anyone tell me anything good about this drug? Thanks so much.