PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Energy

Thinkitso
08-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Does anyone else have anxiety energy? It feels like adrenaline 24/7. You can't sit still without feeling restless. You always have the desire to move or walk or get out of the house. Any activity really. My psychiatrist is having trouble diagnosing me, so I wanted to see if anyone else with anxiety has this problem. Thanks. If you do have it, what's it like? How do you deal with it?

Cobra
08-30-2013, 10:30 PM
I get it occasionally. I get up and make myself busy. Your body is wanting to burn off the adrenaline. Go for a walk or clean the house or something.

littlebearsmum
08-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi, i also get this occasionally.

Thinkitso
08-31-2013, 02:44 AM
Hi, i also get this occasionally.

I get it occasionally. I get up and make myself busy. Your body is wanting to burn off the adrenaline. Go for a walk or clean the house or something.

But you guys only get this occasionally? Because mine is 24/7. That's unusual for normal anxiety?

marty
08-31-2013, 02:51 AM
I think anxiety presents itself in many different ways and what you're describing sounds very normal. There will probably come a point where you burn out and have an energy dump but yeah I agree it's adrenaline that fuels this hyperactive state. Also ADHD can cause this :) not a medical expert just experience

jessy
08-31-2013, 07:50 AM
I get this from time to time . Sometimes a week at a time & then follows by loss of all energy & just taking a shower feels like I've run a marathon.
I can't decide which is worse .
Just one normal level would be nice :-)

Jessicaleanne1992
08-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Sounds to me like it could be akathisia (Akathisia is a feeling of "inner restlessness", a constant urge to be moving). I've experienced this a few times after being given haldol and benedryl in the ER for vomiting (phenergan also makes me feel this way but not as bad). I thought I was going to go insane. It was terrible. They gave me ativan and it helped immensely. Now I of course refuse those three medications.

I can't imagine how you deal with that feeling 24/7. That is no way to live. God bless you. Maybe you could bring it up to your dr if it sounds like what you have.

shelley15
08-31-2013, 02:17 PM
I get this to like I can't sit still so I pace up and down the room, I can't go out and do anything to get rid of it cos I get scared to go out but don't have it 24/7. My bf is also like this he has to keep busy all the time he can't sit still he has ADHD/anxiety