PDA

View Full Version : I'm new..my story

cred
11-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi all,
I'm a 28yr old male.I'm hoping this forum can help me with anxiety/depression sypmtoms that I've been having for the last several months. I have never been more down in my life, and so scared. I constantly feel I have something seriously wrong with me even after doctors continually tell me theres nothing "physically wrong". I have gone to the ER 3 times in the past 3 months.

My constant sypmtoms have been
-lightheaded (24/7..never goes away)
-shooting pains in stomach, sometimes cramps. This pain is somethimes felt in my pelvic region as well.
-pains in upper legs
-bloated/gaseous
-hand trembling/shaking...more so first thing in the morning.
-weird sensations all over my body....in very strange places!
-For the last week or so I have been nauseaous and feel like throwing up but never do. This is the most troubling symptom I have, as it limits my ability to do things I enjoy....because I feel sick!
I tried Zoloft, but that only lasted 2 weeks. The side effects were too much for me. I continually felt spaced out and not "all there"
I'm now trying Effexor. 3 days in, and nothing to bad....yet.

I have tried other things to help me cope which include;
-Deep Breathing/Progressive Relaxation (seems to work as I'm doing it, but 10 minutes after I'm no better)
-Cold Showers (I've read about this somewhere, and tried it a few times. Suprisingly it helped me a lot! I gave up on it though because I just couldn't get used to it.)
-Yoga (did nothing for me)
-Exercise (helps, but hard for me to get motivated)
-Therapy (makes me more anxious)
-St John Wort (just left me constipated)
-Chamomile and Peppermint Tea (The best thing I have found yet! I have a cup whenever I really feel like crap.

I always looking for other Home Remedies or things I can do to help me. I am now starting to feel like there is no hope to conquer my anxiety once and for all. If anyone can offer any suggestions or help...it would be much appreciated.

chanel07
11-10-2007, 09:55 AM
There is hope! Don't say that!!! We have very similar symptoms but I overcame my anxiety and you can too!