PDA

View Full Version : Vybrid

jloca215
08-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Has anyone tried vybrid? It's pretty new and I'd like some input on it. I've been taking lexapro for 11 years and it's pretty much run it's course. It hasn't been working for years now but I've managed to deal with the anxiety attacks. I'm just terrified of trying something new because every time I tried it was a terrible experience. My friend told me her dr put her right on vybrid from lexapro without any need to wean off the lexapro first. She loves it but her reasons for taking it are very different than mine. I have panic disorder and some degree of agoraphobia. She just has OCD. Feedback appreciated

tailspin
08-30-2013, 12:40 AM
I don't have any input since I have never heard of this drug, but I'm very interested to hear how you get on, and also to know more about it. I just did a quick google and couldn't find out much info. What type of medication is it?

I can totally relate to the fear of trying something new. I really hope the transition to this new med goes well for you and that you find it very helpful.

Sky Grayson
09-05-2013, 04:09 PM
I've been thinking about doing this also. I've been on Lexapro for several years now and I don't feel it helps with depression as much now. I've read good things about Vybrid.

alankay
09-06-2013, 08:28 AM
I'd try it if lexapro doesn't help much. You could also try another molecule if money is an issue like fluoxetine(prozac) or sertraline(zoloft) but skip celexa as it's similar to lexapro(citalopram versus escitalopram). Changes is not easy but sometimes needed. Alankay

SleeplessInPA
09-06-2013, 08:36 AM
I started taking Vybrid a few months ago. I took Lexapro for years and loved it, but after a while i felt like it wasn't working. I haven't had any negative side effects with Vybrid and I definitely don't feel as edgy, but I am not sure it is helping with my anxiety. I am seeing another doc next month to discuss.

jloca215
09-06-2013, 08:58 AM
I just hope the transition isn't too rough :(. I dread that. But I really hope it helps with anxiety.

SleeplessInPA
09-06-2013, 09:10 AM
For me, the transition was easy. Honestly, I hardly noticed. Let me know how you make out.

Ahlstrom
09-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Alright, THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL STORY AND HOW MY BODY REACTED WITH VYBRID, IT IS BPUND TO AFFECT YOU DIFFERENTLY.

It sent me to a self help ward. On day 20 of it while I was tapering off of Lexapro I started having constant panic attacks, I had some sort of absolutely AGONIZING pain flowing throughout my body for 2 days before I decided to check myself in; the pain was so terrible that I was considering killing myself to escape it, or atleast knocking myself unconscious. For me taking VYBRID was basically hell on earth and there's no real way I can describe just how horrendous my thoughts and pain in my body and mind were. In the ward I quickly kicked it, was prescribed Xanax, which worked great until I was able to get back onto Lexapro.

Once again this is all PERSONAL. VYBRID could work very very well with you and my intention isn't trying to scare you away from it, but to just give my 2 cents.