PDA

View Full Version : Stomach issues and heart rate questions

Blessed
08-29-2013, 06:26 AM
With all the pains and issues I've been having in my stomach and in my right side, I have been referred to a gastroenterologist to put the light down my throat and look around, just ready for it to be over with already. I don't want them to find anything wrong but I want to know why my stomach hurts all the time does that make sense? Also I have been doing two miles almost everyday for the past week which is huge for me. I'm on a small dose beta blocker and last night my resting heartrate went down to the 60s. Can your resting heartrate drop thAt fast with only exercising a week? Is 60 too low if your on a beta blocker? I'm scared it will go too low then my heart will give out, please give me some positive reassurance .

chelseasmile
08-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Hey there,

I have been through all of this and above . Your resting heart rate is perfectly normal. Your resting should be in a range from 60-100 for an adult that's normal. Also your right side is generally gallbladder and liver. Your stomach is on the left. I went to the gi for having pain in the right side turns out my liver was inflamed and I have non alcoholic fatty liver disease . Now it's not scary or anything and your liver is actually the only organ to reverse it self back to healthy. So you may just have an agrivated gallbladder or liver . But be assured this is Normal for your heart rate though. Good luck with the gi and try not to worry I assure you it's not as bad as you may think.

Cobra
08-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Anxiety can cause stomach pain and digestive problems, but it's good to get it checked out to make sure. I had an endo and colonoscopy and they removed a precancerous polyp. Doc said I dodged a bullet! Another year and they'd be taking out hunks of intestine and chemo. Funny thing is, my belly didn't hurt. They generally don't. So the pain is more likely to be anxiety than anything serious! Lol!

anthonyjbro760
08-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Does cancer run in your family cobra

Cobra
08-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Yes. Pretty bad. I'm hoping this was my cancer and they got it, but I have to have yearly screenings now.

Lin
08-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Good to be having checks done so that you can rule out anything serious - try and see the tests as a positive thing - because once you know it is nothing serious you can work on helping your anxiety/panic attacks etc. Tests are horrible, but really good idea, you will feel much better once they have ruled out cancer etc.