PDA

View Full Version : Buspirone and abilify?

guera3
08-28-2013, 10:09 PM
I was just prescribed buspirone 5mg twice a day and abilify once at night. I haven't started it just yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried these meds? N if so how did it go?

chris eck
08-28-2013, 10:58 PM
I have been on abilify with cymbalta and abilify kept me from sleeping every night for 2 months till I finally convinced the doctor this was the problem. I even took it in the morning.

guera3
08-28-2013, 11:44 PM
I have been on abilify with cymbalta and abilify kept me from sleeping every night for 2 months till I finally convinced the doctor this was the problem. I even took it in the morning.

Ugh see my doc said it would help me sleep. I already can't sleep.

chris eck
08-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Ugh see my doc said it would help me sleep. I already can't sleep.

I was very hopeful. I have also been on Risperadol which caused strange symptoms. Lactation ( my youngest child is 17) missed periods. As far as sleep. I can't most nights either. I have run the gambit with ambien lunesta etc. I find that Benadryl helps alot!! It's not a narcotic so I don't wake as often. Sometimes input melatonin with benedryl. I hope this helps feel free to emai me i am brand new here so sure how to message you.

Freedom123
08-31-2013, 05:35 AM
Sometimes input melatonin with benedryl. I hope this helps feel free to emai me i am brand new here so sure how to message you.

Like chris eck said, benadryl can be used as an effective sleep aid for an antidepressant.

You may also want to ask about Trazedone (Desyrel) at a low dose, since it also acts like an antihistamine likl benadrayl.

Another option is to ask for Seoquel (quotiapina) which has also been prescribed for sedation.

AnxiousDad
09-03-2013, 09:22 AM
I used to be on Zoloft (50mg/day) and my new physician switched me to Buspar (15mg/day). I had been off Zoloft for a few months, as I didnt' think I needed it anymore (big mistake). I had some really bad side effects with Buspar. I had terrible sweats, complete loss of appetite, and I couldn't sleep. I only took it for a few days, but felt like I was going to go crazy with no sleep. I'm asking my doc to switch me back to Zoloft. I know everyone has different side effects, but for me, Buspar was the roughest. With Zoloft, mostly loss of appetite. I lost about ten pounds, but after a month, got my appetite back and did find for well over a year.

Good luck Guera3. I'd just say work with your doctor. My new doctor actually takes me seriously and has probably helped me more than any other doctor in the last few years.