PDA

View Full Version : Eating Issues

Charlotte_
08-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Hello,

I haven't eaten all day, I'm not hungry either and if I smell or think of food it makes me feel sick, :/

Is this normal if your anxiety is "playing up"?

mistiblue
08-28-2013, 01:44 PM
I have been the same way the last few days. I don't have an appetite, I have to make myself eat. My anxiety has been very high this week, so I think it is anxiety related. It's no fun, but I'm sure it will pass.

tailspin
08-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Definitely. Loss of appetite is very typical if you're very anxious.

However, you might find that if you do eat a little something - even though you have no appetite - it might help you feel a bit better. Just something small and bland, say, a piece of toast. Going without food can make you feel weak and jittery and that in turn can make the anxiety worse.

Charlotte_
08-28-2013, 01:49 PM
It's been this way since July, I make myself eat but it's only very little and I feel sick after. I don't really know what to do as everyone keeps saying how I've lost weight but its scary to think that if I don't get enough vitamins I can make myself really ill.
If I force myself it ends up not staying down and then I feel worse for trying to eat.
Any ideas on what's best to eat?:)

Thank you for your responses :)

frankzito
08-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I haven't been getting my grub on as much, myself. Anxiety and heat, i reckon

AnFiach
08-28-2013, 08:23 PM
I can definitely relate.

Cobra
08-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Eating and stomach issues are definitely a couple of my strongest triggers. If you don't eat, though, your body releases glucose from your liver, which causes a release of adrenaline and cortisol into your system. It does it to keep your blood sugar stable, but can make your anxiety worse. So don't starve. You'll just feel worse.

mds319
08-29-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm new to this whole anxiety thing and I have been experiencing this for the past 4 days. This is a new symptom for me. I've been nauseated with no appetite for 4 days now. I had no dinner last night, no breakfast today and I've been extremely nauseated all day today. Today around 1:00, I began to feel faint, my dizziness increased, I felt as if I was running fever but I was actually sweating and my hands started tingling. The thought of eating made the nausea worse and so did the thought of having a stroke!

I forced myself to eat a banana, two handfuls of the Goldfish crackers and a half of Gatorade. I felt better within a few minutes and my nausea went away completely about an hour ago (3:30). My hands still tingle but my appetite is a lot better now as well.

Cobra
08-29-2013, 04:25 PM
You have to eat. Anxiety slows your digestive process and makes your stomach more acidic, leading to nausea, indigestion, constipation and diarrhea. Even if you don't feel hungry, eat something. You body cannot heal itself if you are starved of the nutrients it needs to produce the correct neurochemicals.

sgran002
08-30-2013, 08:02 AM
It will pass in time. Try to eat more fruits and drink lots of water