PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram Agoraphobia

GregJA
08-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey guys,
So within the last few months every time I would leave the house I would panic and get nauseous, so last week my doctor put me on 20mg. I almost died, horrible side effects, so they reduced to 5mg and will slowly build up from there.
Has anyone had success with this?
How do you guys combat the nausea? That's the worst part of this medicine and I'm worried I'll just feel nauseous for months as I'll keep upping the dose and never get over the nausea. :(
Also I usually feel quite nauseous as soon as I take it as I get scared for what is coming.... And I'm always doubting that this will be the right medication, or that it's doing more harm than good.

Bam77
08-27-2013, 09:26 PM
I currently take 10 mg of celexa ( upping tonight). When I first started my anxiety was worse for a couple of weeks which is normal. A lot of doctors also prescribe a benzo short term to help counter the start up anxiety. . It can take 6 weeks to a few months for the full benefit of it. Hang in there it will get better. I was pretty much bed bound with anxiety. Ive been on 10 mg for about 2 months now.

GregJA
08-27-2013, 09:42 PM
I currently take 10 mg of celexa ( upping tonight). When I first started my anxiety was worse for a couple of weeks which is normal. A lot of doctors also prescribe a benzo short term to help counter the start up anxiety. . It can take 6 weeks to a few months for the full benefit of it. Hang in there it will get better. I was pretty much bed bound with anxiety. Ive been on 10 mg for about 2 months now.

Hey!
Good to know. Mainly my nausea feeling Is at the back of my mouth (top and sides) makes a gagging feeling. My stomach feels pretty normal. Am I actually nauseous or is it just anxiety?

Bam77
08-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Its your anxiety. It can wreak havoc on our body and minds. It can make you think that every little symptom is something serious.

GregJA
08-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Its your anxiety. It can wreak havoc on our body and minds. It can make you think that every little symptom is something serious.

Oh good thanks,
Sadly I upped the dose yesterday by 2.5 and that gagging feeling got worse, the tingly numbness did as well and about 5 hours after taking the medicine my stomach (and up in between the v in my chest) had an acid burning feeling and when I woke up it's still there (makes me feel quite nasty)

Bam77
08-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Have you looked into gerd? I have a small hiatal hernia that sometimes causes some heartburn. Ive also noticed that not eating right before bed helps lol. Numbness and tingling?

GregJA
08-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Have you looked into gerd? I have a small hiatal hernia that sometimes causes some heartburn. Ive also noticed that not eating right before bed helps lol. Numbness and tingling?

yeah its like a quick kinda numb feeling in my legs and face then i get sorta nauseous, goes away as fast as it comes though

alfamdb
08-30-2013, 08:52 AM
I have bee on this for many years at the beginning it was terrible and unfortunately took me 4-6 weeks to see the benefits but now it really helps I still have relapses and am having one at the moment due I think to being not very well but I really think they do work

chewie90
09-22-2013, 12:02 AM
I just started celexa yesterday just the first dose is HELL for me. I was prescribed 10mgs and I am very sensitive to side effects. I cut mine in half to 5mgs and then work my way up to 10mgs once my body builds a tolerance. Hope everything works out for you

chewie90
09-23-2013, 11:14 PM
I stopped the celexa after one day taking 10mgs and 5mg the next. The nausea is unbearable. I'm just going to take the proper vitamins I need to help.with the nervous system and brain. The side effects are not worth it to me. Hope everything works out for you