PDA

View Full Version : ease my troubled mind plz

FallenAnx
11-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Does anyone else besides me ever wake up from sleep in a panic attack, or a moment where they jolt awake and there heart is racing and it feels like your having a heart attack? I feel so alone with this and each time it happens I get scared shitless. I dont go to the doctors anymore cause each time Im there for 3hrs and get sent home with nothing but zanax and them telling me to do CBT. If anyone has this happen please let me know.

RabidBadger
11-08-2007, 03:02 AM
Hi

I have experienced this but only very rarely - although I know from people who contact me through my website that it's quite common.

You are by no means alone.

Chris

AUserName
11-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I have this happen to me often. I hate it because sometimes I get the feeling if I go back to sleep I'll die..So I don't..so then I'm tired and grumpy all day. lol

RabidBadger
11-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi

Just think about how many times you have imagined you will die, and how many times it hasn't happened.

Chris

FallenAnx
11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
yea but it sucks it just makes me alot happpier knowing there are others out there.... i used to have full blown ones because i would get so freaked out that it happens... now its just my heart racing and a quick feeling then im really drained

fireflytech
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
it is happening to me also. I just took a nap and for no reason my heart started to race. I slowed it down only to have it start up again.

Jeordie
11-22-2007, 03:40 PM
It happened to me two or three times. I'm surprised somebody else had it. I woke up in complete fear, sure I was going to die, feeling my heart pounding way too hard and fast. It was intense and, fortunately, short. In about a minute I would realize it was just fear - strangely coming out of nowhere, and that I should really lower my stress. On the internet I read the therm "night terror" and I thought that was what happened to me.

This afternoon I got a similar attack, just by daytime. Again it came out of nowhere. I really felt I was going to die. Well I'm alive.

Must be an effect of too much adrenaline. Worrying about it won't solve anything.