PDA

View Full Version : Happy thought

Stephj526
08-26-2013, 10:29 PM
So I realized that I haven't used my pulse oximeter at all today. That's a big deal for me, especially since I was super busy at work and cleaning house tonight.

One thing I'm learning with anxiety, you have to celebrate the small successes.

So, what are your successes today?

kendall_leanne
08-26-2013, 10:33 PM
I just got a new job today. I'm nervous but excited at the time. I hope I can make it through this with my anxiety and hope that it will distract my constantly wondering mind.

Stephj526
08-26-2013, 10:43 PM
I just got a new job today. I'm nervous but excited at the time. I hope I can make it through this with my anxiety and hope that it will distract my constantly wondering mind.

That's awesome, congrats! I have faith you can do this, just take it one day at a time.

kendall_leanne
08-26-2013, 10:57 PM
That's awesome, congrats! I have faith you can do this, just take it one day at a time.

Thank you! :)

itsloulou
08-27-2013, 01:51 AM
I just woke up, it's morning in the Netherlands. And I'm already feeling anxious. This isn't gonna be a good day. No successes...

Stephj526
08-27-2013, 06:19 AM
I just woke up, it's morning in the Netherlands. And I'm already feeling anxious. This isn't gonna be a good day. No successes...

Hey, you woke up. That's one success!

Dahila
08-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Congratulation Kendall :)) Good luck and keep cool:)

tailspin
08-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Good job you guys! And thanks for starting a positive thread!

I slept pretty well last night. That is definitely a success for me!

str8trippin
08-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Focus on the successes! A success doesn't have to be big to be important...the small ones are just as valuable. Look at your day in terms of successes and it can change the perspective on how you are seeing your life. Instead of focusing on every negative throughout the day, focus on the positive aspects of everything and you might be amazed at what a difference it can make. Instead of seeing it as getting up in a rush and being anxious all the way to work, turn it around and think of the fact that you made it to work! Worried that you sounded ridiculous on that phone call you were dreading...focus on the fact that you actually made the phone call. Went to a doctor's appointment and they said everything was okay...focus on that instead of wondering what they might have missed. As corny and cliche as the saying is, positive thinking yields positive results.

Stephj526
08-27-2013, 09:15 PM
I almost made it through a trigger of mine today. School seems to trigger my anxiety, I assume its because I'm stuck there and can't escape. Tonight was my first back to school day since starting my Lexapro. I did so much better than before! I still had some moments, but was able to push past them. Second class is tomorrow, hoping for another good day!

Dahila
08-28-2013, 07:57 AM
I slept very well for 9 hours, that's the success for me :)

tailspin
08-28-2013, 04:46 PM
That's great, Dahlia. And everyone!

Today I ran into someone by chance who I haven't seen in a while and it was fun to just chit-chat about normal stuff and have a few laughs.