PDA

View Full Version : is it anxiety?

lizard0921
08-26-2013, 07:48 PM
I have head pressure that I feel like my head is going to pop, or make me pass out. I have neck & shoulder tension. If I press down with my fingers it hurts so much. My palms get sweaty and I feel numb all over. Especially when death is talked about. Help!

alankay
08-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Very likely anxiety related stuff. Alankay

Dahila
08-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Anxiety, but u could also check ur Blood pressure. Just in case

kendall_leanne
08-27-2013, 04:29 PM
I had the same exact thing and went to the hospital a few months ago for it and they did and EKG and cat scan and blood work an everything was normal and they explained to me that it's more than likely my anxiety and migraine/tension headaches. I suffer from daily headaches and neck/shoulder/back pain because of my anxiety. Stay strong and if you're concerned it's always good to find a doctor who can help you ease your mind a bit.

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 06:49 PM
I have gone to the hospital and my doctor and everything comes out normal.

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 06:51 PM
I used to be on zanax.

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Ever since I stopped I have all these crazy symptoms. It's so scary! I just feel like crying.

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks everyone♥

kendall_leanne
08-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Ever since I stopped I have all these crazy symptoms. It's so scary! I just feel like crying.

Did you stop abruptly or slowly taper off of them?

Dahila
08-27-2013, 07:29 PM
To go off the meds u need to do slowly, the best would be decide what to do with the doctor. I was on Celexa and I quit abruptly and it took me about 3 weeks to get rid of the side effects. I did not sleep for 36 hours then, I was like a zombie. I never thought to find the answers on forum. U should talk to your doctor, really

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 07:43 PM
I was on it for almost 2 years. It actually made me feel normal. She stopped giving them to me and said I needed to see a psychiatrist?

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Like all this talk is making my nerves go bad.

Dahila
08-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Psychiatrist is a doctor who knows more about anxiety than family doctor. I prefer psychiatrist that family doctor, who almost poisoned me. :))

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 08:11 PM
That's so true lol! So is it anxiety related what I'm feeling?

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 08:11 PM
I also have been feeling very fatigue.

Jcsmith0817
08-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Hey, Anxiety has many symptoms that can drive your body and mind insane.. When I was first having anxiety i had so many symptoms it was unbearable, Fatigue, dizzy, sweaty, shaky, heart palpitations, sharp pains, spots in my vision, startled easy, not focused, derealization, hyperfocus. Everyday i deal with some type of symptom. or multiple, even getting panic attacks throughout my day. it's horrible. but know you arent the only one dealing with this, its a battle that CAN be won.

I started exercising as well as thinking positive and taking it day by day. Its a hard mission but one that can be beat.. slowly. it takes tons of time and commitment.

keep your head up.

everyone has anxiety, some just have a bigger war to fight like me and you!

any questions, just ask.

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Thank you so much! I just feel so hopeless at times and I think I'm dying. Most of the time crying makes me feel a little better.

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Im 24 and I'm a single mother who works and is trying my best every day to overcome anxiety. Sometimes it's just so hard to do :(

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 08:50 PM
I have even gotten double vision. So hard to concentrate.

Jcsmith0817
08-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Well, I can relate in a way, 23 years old an 24 in December, two jobs and collage. Stressful and tiring. I have also had tunnel vision many times and a rare occasion double vision. Another symptom is feeling like when I move, I feel like my brain loses feeling and feels like I lose consciousness and am gonna fall down, but has never happened. Anxiety is the worst and can cause the most horrifying feelings in the world and feels like you can be dying, but it also is just the mind over reacting to everything. its very hard living a normal life with it, but if you set your mind too it. you can do it! Just have too try everyday no matter how hard it gets!

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Thank you! You're awesome! You gave me hope & faith that everything will be ok. I really appreciate your time & advice.

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 09:46 PM
I just don't know where to start. How long have you had it for?

lizard0921
08-27-2013, 09:46 PM
It will be 2 years in October for me.

Jcsmith0817
08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I got lucky and got my anxiety at a early stage and have had it roughly six months now, I am slowly on the recovery stage but its a super long and hard process that some days make me feel like there is no hope and I never will feel normal again or better.. but I keep trying everyday and dealing with it as best as I can.

lizard0921
08-28-2013, 12:15 AM
I bet because I feel the same way certain days. I don't know if to go to my doctor, or just go talk to a psychiatrists. Are you on meds?

Dahila
08-28-2013, 07:56 AM
When I go back in time... I moved to Spain for two years, then to Canada when I was 34 without any language. It was hard to learn a language to take care of two children and bipolar husband. I got divorced and I was raising my children alone, working a few jobs at the time. It did not help me with my anxiety. I lost the control over it. two decades later, and I am human wrack.

Jcsmith0817
08-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Like today, I just woke up for work and feel great, hopefully this great feeling last all day!

lizard0921
08-29-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm glad you woke up feeling great! How has it been so far? I was fine all day, but right now I'm feeling a little panicked. I'm trying to relax. Keep my cool...

lizard0921
08-29-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm feeling like tightness on my head & light headed.

Jcsmith0817
08-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Hey, sorry for the late reply, but I have been feeling better the past few days with very very small panicky situations and my anxiety has dropped hugely, I believe the exercise is paying off, but besides me, how are you feeling?

Lin
10-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Sorry Lizard0921 you are having such problems with anxiety and depression. Once you have ruled out all medical reasons for any symptoms, you then need to work out your own ways of dealing with the effects of anxiety and depression, which is not easy and is very individual.

I have found meditation particularly good - buddhist and christian - it is another way of concentrating on your breathing and doing this calms you down so that you can get through the anxiety and panic attacks.

I have learned so many distraction techniques over the last 2.5 years, but being able to use them when you are panicking and really low is the hard bit. Once you can put stop into your cycle of rumination it is so much easier to handle the problem, but putting the stop in is so hard, and takes a lot of practise.

Hope you find ways of handling your own anxiety and depression and get help from people's ideas on this forum.

Dahila
12-29-2013, 02:34 PM
I agree with lin, meditation is a tool which should be used.
Bringing old thread to life :)

Ponder
01-03-2014, 12:11 AM
.Assists are great in helping, but tend to add to the problem if we can't accept and live with the cause. Some people need to suffer more than others before the light switch engages. I'm sick of being sick - happy to let others think what they must - I am beginning to see that if unable to accept what goes on around me, then I must deal with what is within.

Again - assists are great when utilized with an emphasis as such - an assist! -> once we rely on assistance - then the scales tip and what was once considered a practicle tool, now turns and digs us in deeper. That is until your deep enough, where it's often said the only way is up.

I love the scene in the most recent Sci/Fi Elysium .... Mat Damon when talking to the Mechanical Probation Officer in a rather Sarcastic Tone - A pop a box suddenly appears in front of Damon. "Elevated Heart Beat and Stress levels detected, would you like a pill?" ROFL -> This is exactly how we humans now deal with our problems!

I do meds, now having a break from them - and perhaps will go back if pushed HA - or refuse to give in. I'm all for meditating, and whilst breathing is a good starting place, the ultimate act on our part is to stop fighting (unlearn all that is taught) find the "I AM" - the observer - and accept what you/I cannot.

Something I am myself struggling with. Forgive me if I speak out of turn.
Wishing you well.