PDA

View Full Version : Help...

Charlotte_
08-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Hey, I'm new to this so sorry if I seem to blabber on!
I just wanted some genuine advice with something that's really getting to me.
I trust my boyfriend a lot but I constantly feel like he's cheating on me (due to anxiety). It's one of my greatest fears as he means everything to me and I don't want to lose him. When I think he's cheating on me or he doesn't text me I get this horrible feeling in my stomach which feels like its gone to the ground, I get shaky and I don't know what to do. I cry myself to sleep most nights if he doesn't text me goodnight (he used to every night). I know it sounds controlling and obsessive but I don't know what to do. It's controlling my life and I'm scared its going to ruin my relationship if it carries on.
Please help? :)

jakurtis
08-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Do you have an honestly good reason to believe he's cheating on you, or is it purely out of worries?

Charlotte_
08-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Literally just because of worries. It's bad I know. I just don't know the best way to stop thinking it. :/
Luckily he understands but I don't want these thoughts to carry on :(
Thank you for replying :)

jakurtis
08-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Ok. Everything will be ok. You just need to drill in your head that its a FACT, that you can't control everything. Your boyfriend is not cheating on you. There are many times when I don't text my girlfriend goodnight, simply because I don't get on my phone much. Not that I don't love her, but because If I want to talk to her it will be over the phone or in person, ya know? Like having a legit conversation. You have absolutely no proof that your bf is cheating on you. When you worry about him cheating on you, remember this. Think reasonably: you can't control his actions. If you have really good reason or proof that he is cheating on you, then dump him. There are plenty more awesome guys in line waiting to date you. Until you know he's cheating on you, do not worry. Remember, one worry will only lead to more potent and darker fears. When worrying uncontrollably , distract yourself to get your mind off of it, or wait it out with reason. You can do it. I promise.

jakurtis
08-26-2013, 10:06 PM
And your welcome! :)

Charlotte_
08-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Thank you so much :-)
I do try to drill that in but it's hard. When I slept round his for the first time a girl text him at 12am asking for him to change her profile picture. Another then facetimed him at 3am. He still to this day doesn't understand why I get so upset by it.
I guess it just plays on my mind because he's blunt lately and I feel like we're drifting apart.
Thank you! :-)
This has helped a lot! :-)