PDA

View Full Version : more of a health question.....

hail to the thief
11-07-2007, 05:06 AM
In bed, whilst i'm lying there in the dark i've experienced this really strange thing.

It's like this really loud buzzing/wind comes over me (well, it's kinda like that). It's so strong that it feels like it disables me. When it happens i can feel my mouth stuck in this fear like position and my body is completely still, stuck in that position.

It's happened 2 or 3 times before. Last night it happened in a dream, whereas the previous had happened when i was awake. Oddly enough, before it happened a bomb was dropped (in the dream) and then it happened, which made the whole thing feel really...real. I can just get myself out of it either. I have to wait until it passes. It probably lasts about 5 seconds - 15 seconds.

I know this sounds ridiculous and crazy but this actually happened.

Can anyone shed any ligt on it?

chanel07
11-07-2007, 07:53 AM
This a tough one, I don't even know if that is related to anxiety.

hail to the thief
11-07-2007, 02:08 PM
found out what it is - i think.

It's called Hypnagogia.

I don't think it has anything to do with anxiety, though stress can cause it for some.

Kuromi_Ai
11-09-2007, 12:06 AM
This has actually happened to me about three times in the past few weeks. First time I've dealt with it. It's really bizarre and frightening. Especially when you're not really sure what it is that's caused it, but somehow I believe that it IS caused by a good amount of stress.

When you woke up/sat up did you feel dizzy or like you had a short big of vertigo?

hail to the thief
11-10-2007, 11:17 AM
first time it happened to me i didn't know what was happening. It was horrible. Now, however, i try and experience it if i feel like its coming on.

I felt a bit 'all over the place' once it had gone. But not for long.