PDA

View Full Version : Dosage increase?

Bam77
08-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Hey all. Ive been on celexa 10 mg for a couple of months now. Overall its been great. It got me outta bed and out doing more. Since Thursday evening I feel that same old feeling creeping back in. Its been a pretty stressful last couple of weeks. My pdoc originally wanted me on 20, but I was stubborn and stuck to 10mg. Ive noticed that if I stay busy I don't feel the anxiety as much. I shouldn't have to stay busy constantly. Ive seen a lot about ''serotonin syndrome" and that has me a little worried about increasing dosage. Im not taking anything else besides a Xanax .5mg once every month.

alankay
08-26-2013, 04:15 PM
You won't get serotonin syndrome at 20 mg which is the base dose. Go to that and hold there. 10 mg is a low dose. Alankay

Stephj526
08-26-2013, 04:40 PM
I've been having the same fear! I'm on Lexapro and just increased to 10mg. Scares the crap out of me. Just remember, the doctors wouldn't increase you if they thought you would be in danger.

Best case scenario, you have no problems.
Worst case scenario, you have a problem and have to reduce your dosage. I've heard it can be helped if it happens, so don't worry!

Bam77
08-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the replies. Its kinda irritating to be doing good then have the anxiety try to creep back in.

anxiousashley
08-27-2013, 01:58 PM
I was all the way up to 40mg of Celexa and didn't have any issues. A little increase shouldn't hurt you at all.