PDA

View Full Version : vitamin b complex magnesium?

Jennifer90
08-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Has anyone ever taking these for anxiety?

str8trippin
08-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Some people on here swear by Magnesium. I was taking it, but I didn't notice any differences when I was and didn't really care for the one I was taking so I'm looking for an alternative and then I'm going to give it another shot. I take a Vitamin B complex daily at the recommendation of my women's health doctor (as well as Vitamin D3), just for general health and not necessarily specifically for the anxiety.

nf1234
08-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Yes magnesium is excellent for anxiety. Just make sure to take the right kind. The b vitamins are hit or miss. They are very good for you so give them a try but maybe a low dose b complex. Some people don't like the extra energy it gives them but its safe to take with no adverse side effects.

Jennifer90
08-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Aww thanks. Am I best to take magnesium at night I heard it can make you sleepy?

str8trippin
08-26-2013, 11:26 AM
I didn't experience it making me sleepy at all. I generally try to take any supplements close to a meal time so my stomach isn't empty...in the mid-morning after I've eaten something, or at lunch.

tailspin
08-26-2013, 12:50 PM
I take 400 mg of Magnesium Citrate at night. This was recommended to me by a naturopathic doctor I went to see for a while. She told me to take it at night. However, it does not make me drowsy. I honestly don't know if it's helping or not, but I figure it isn't doing any harm so I keep taking it. I also take D3 because I had a blood test and was low in it. I take B vitamins too.

I know some people do experience quite dramatic improvements when they take supplements. Hope they help you!

Jane2013
08-29-2013, 01:07 PM
My boyfriends just started back on vitamins as we think they did help although we changed them a bit this time and he's started magnesium, D3, B12 and omega 3 will update with any changes here's hoping they help x

ganglia
08-29-2013, 03:24 PM
I have tried Magnesium Malate,Glycinate,Chelated,Oxide,Citrate etc...but felt nothing up to 600mg each even for some months.Also tried megadose of B Vitamins or B6 alone but zero results too..