PDA

View Full Version : what are peoples reviews of ..

emtw12
08-26-2013, 08:51 AM
citralopram and propanolol? thanks x

JLBnole68
08-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Hi emtw, I used to take Citalopram (Celexa), and it worked great for me. Like any SSRI, it takes a couple of weeks to notice any difference or benefits. I didn't have any side effects, so that was a big plus as well. I stopped taking it for several years and my anxiety pretty much went away. It came back a few years ago when I was really stressed out and going through a lot of worry. My current GP put me on Lexapro, and that has worked as well as the Celexa at lessening the frequency and duration of my panic attacks. You might want to ask your doc for something more fast-acting like Xanax to take as you need it during the loading phase of the Citalopram. As I said, it doesn't start working in a noticeable way right off the bat. You need to be patient, and as long as you tolerate it without any severe side effects, it will help you a lot. Take care. Hope you're feeling better soon.

emtw12
08-26-2013, 09:15 AM
hi JLBnole68

thanks very much for you're response :) I really wanna give it a try but I worry over side effects lol I can't be doing with feeling real bad with a baby to look after! I have propanolol which is fast acting works within 30 mins apparently! not tried yet as just wanted people's reviews first really :) sick of the daily aches and pains think its nearly time to give in and take these tablets!! :)

JLBnole68
08-26-2013, 09:31 AM
I totally understand the fear of side effects. However, with SSRI meds, the side effects are generally very mild or non-existent. I'm not pushing you to take them, but I honestly didn't have any negative effects...and I'm really sensitive to a lot of medications. These are pretty tried and tested meds. One thing you have to understand about listed side effects is that clinical studies are required to list or publish any and every complaint that each and every person in a trial study logs. Many of these things have absolutely no relation or causal affect from the medicine itself. In other words, if somebody happens to contract a stomach bug while undergoing the study and they throw up, possible nausea and vomiting have to be listed as a side effect.

Dahila
08-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Not everyone can take SSRI meds, it highers blood pressure and for some people including me:) cause agitation. All SSRI meds cause spiking of B/P. With young people it is not problem, but with older yes.

Bam77
08-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Im currently on celexa 10 mg. It worked pretty good but I might have to up my dosage to 20mg because im starting to feel the anxiety coming back.

JLBnole68
08-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Yes, there are exceptions to every medication. Not everyone can take everything. But if you can, just saying they've helped a lot of people.

Dahila
08-26-2013, 07:43 PM
I was on Celexa years ago, and I was doing great, I was able to take a nap and go to sleep with only half of zoplicone. Unfortunately age caught up :( I can not take it anymore.

emtw12
08-27-2013, 04:40 PM
thank you :)