PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had anxiety brought on by taking SUDAFED PE????

anxiouslypanicking
11-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I have a cold and have been taking Sudafed PE and I have been really anxious and I have been trying to figure out why. I am getting married in 3 days but I haven't been anxious about that, just more excited and nervous. But I have been having crazy anxiety attacks everyday and waking up anxious...going to be anxious and it's all while I have been taking sudafed PE every 4 hours like clock work....anyone else ever experienced this? I thought PE was supposed to be the non shaky kind but I have read elsewhere that it can add to anxiety...help! I don't want to feel like this on my wedding day......Thanks!

BobaFett49
11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
OHH YES....you're not the only one. I was taking some kinda of Benadryl Cold and Sinus a few weeks ago, and it had PE in it. Took it for about 2 days until I noticed how anxious I was, MUCH more than normal. The PE is "supposed" to be the non-shaky and it's "supposed" to be milder, but I think we can agree that is pure nonsense. REAL Sudafed and/or Claritin-D, anything basically that contains psuedoephedrine, actually calms me down quite a bit, mellows me out bigtime, and works wonders for my allergies. Also produces a mild euphoric high :)

PS....if you're already taking prescription meds, especially any sort of benzodiazepine (Xanax, Valium, etc) I'd say go ahead and double up on these maybe an hour or 2 before your wedding, just to stem any unpleasent anxieties.

anxiouslypanicking
11-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh My God!!! Thank you so much for replying....I thought I was losing my mind. Just knowing that this is the reason I am feeling anxious is helping me be calm. I am still feeling some of the effects of anxiety in the body but it's a lot better just knowing there is a way to stop it and that I am not alone on this. Whoo-Hoo!!! I have stopped taking it so I should be better soon, hopefully.

Also, I totally plan on doubling up on my ativan that day....I'm going to need it! Thanks again for the reassurance and advice.....

chanel07
11-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Some meds can do that to you. Especially because you are under a lot of stress mixed with the medicine= anxiety attacks

I have had very bad anxiety attacks when taking meds when I was very stress.