PDA

View Full Version : First entry! Need some guidance!

Steelie
11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Short notice i know but tomorrow I am off to my cardiologist again. At this point i have I feel like just asking for the cardio cath to clear my mind. I had a nuclear stress test in Aug which was perfectly normal but I still feel like I'm about to have a heart attack almost every day..I have been to the ER several times and alway's the same answer (no heart problems)..I have had several panic attacks( just admitting to this) in the last 15 years and 2 nuc stress test,3 regular stress test and 1 brain mri because I was sure there was a tumor (dizzy spells etc)..I have been suffering with neck pain,numbness and all the panic symtoms in the book. My doctor gave a sample pack of effexor last week but i've yet to try them..(Scared i guess)..Anyway, need some help! Tired of feeling (Not Normal) everyday..Thanks Again

BobaFett49
11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
I've been in the same boat, trust me. When I was in high school, before I was officially diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I would have anxiety spells where I would literally lose touch with reality; I didn't know what to make of it, I just thought I was clinically insane and would be in an institution within a year. My doctor started me on Paxil and Xanax, and I saw noticeable results within a week. Effexor is good too, Ive tried that...gave me alot of energy and balanced out my moods (this works especially well when paired with Depakote). I'd try the Effexor and give it at least a week and see how you feel after that.