PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared I have schizophrenia

Jessicaleanne1992
08-25-2013, 09:29 PM
This is my latest fear. I don't hear or see things, but i have been a bit paranoid. Like I worry what if someone poisoned my hand sanitizer, or put nair in my shampoo before I bought it. I hate feeling this way. I'm scared I'm going insane. Idk what to do. I'm not like this often it's just been the past couple days. Does anyone else get paranoid over silly things?

KitahD
08-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Yes! I worry I'm becoming schizophrenic or bipolar and my docs/therapist don't realize it. I've been diagnosed with GAD/OCD...but I often think I'm going to go crazy. I'll spend most of my day with that thought going through my mind. It's exhausting. I don't hallucinate or hear things but I obsess that I might.

MissyTone
08-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Yes and no....I tend to think something then I stop and remind myself there is no reason to feel that way. The other day I got a smart water and I opened it myself drank it and sworeeee it tasted off and sent myself into.an attack...I froze it thinking I could see if there wasn't just water in there ...then I realized I was just stressing because I was earlier reminded of an ex who always made me feel terrified and paranoid ...he was paranoid schizophrenic .....I calmed down....our minds are powerfulllll just try to stop looking for a reason to worry...lol trying means your fighting back

JustAnotherAttack
08-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Jessica it doesn't sound like youre schitzophrenic...it sounds like some form of paranoia. I do that too sometimes, but not as intense as feeling someone did something to my stuff.
I know what you mean though.
I lay awake at night and I'm convinced that I hear music playing and hear unclear voices talking. It actually puts me to sleep though...it doesnt scare me at all. lol. :)

AnFiach
08-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Does your insurance cover neurological testing?

Jessicaleanne1992
08-28-2013, 08:54 PM
No it doesnt. Im on a sliding scale at my prinary dr since I have no insurance. And thanks for the replies guys i really appreciate it.

Cobra
08-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Schizophrenics hear voices, see things that aren't there, and also don't understand they aren't real. They think its all real. Just by wondering if you're crazy means you aren't crazy! Lol! What's happening is adrenaline. Your brain is getting hit with a dose of adrenaline and is searching for danger. Since you fear insanity, your brain is seizing on that fear and focusing on it.

Jessicaleanne1992
08-29-2013, 05:20 AM
Thank you so much cobra!! That really helps to calm my fears. It makes a lot of sense.