PDA

View Full Version : Exhaustion and off balance

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 12:03 PM
I've been experiencing horrible vertigo/off balance feelings and I'm taking anti-vertigo medication which seems to help me (I think) It could be the placebo effect?! Even though I have vertigo I have been trying to do as much as I normally would but once I get going I get exhausted and then the vertigo is even worse and even doing something as simple as folding laundry I feel like my head is heavy and I could just fall right asleep.... So frustrating and worrisome. I feel like it's something more... Tumor! :(

autumnbee123
08-25-2013, 12:08 PM
I have the same exact thing and fear the same thing! I'm finally gonna get my MRI and ct scans tomorrow

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 12:11 PM
I have the same exact thing and fear the same thing! I'm finally gonna get my MRI and ct scans tomorrow

I'm terrified to have those done... I have an appointment at the beginning of sept with my family dr and I'm going to ask her about getting some tests done.

acetone
08-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Vertigo like in true spinning vertigo or just dizziness/rocking sensation?

autumnbee123
08-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I was too. But it's to the point where I literally feel like I'm dying so I'm really ready I get them done to get some answers. I'm suffering everyday with this and I just need to know because its getting worse. I'm dizzy 24/7 weak numb and always get weird feelings on my head and my eyes get worse everyday. ):

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Vertigo like in true spinning vertigo or just dizziness/rocking sensation?

I feel like things around me are moving... The walls, floor, etc....

Bam77
08-25-2013, 02:28 PM
I had this for about 3 months. All my blood work came back good. I ended up in the ER and they couldn't find anything physical that would cause the dizziness ( blood tests, ct of abdomen and chest). I finally gave in and started an AD (celexa). The first 3-4 weeks sucked. I no longer have the off balance feelings or the dizziness. I still get anxious but nowhere near like I used to. Are any of you on any meds?

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 02:43 PM
I had this for about 3 months. All my blood work came back good. I ended up in the ER and they couldn't find anything physical that would cause the dizziness ( blood tests, ct of abdomen and chest). I finally gave in and started an AD (celexa). The first 3-4 weeks sucked. I no longer have the off balance feelings or the dizziness. I still get anxious but nowhere near like I used to. Are any of you on any meds?

I'm on 20mg Prozac and have been since April. I have had bloodwork done, which was all normal. My doctor thinks its just an inner ear problem but I'm not so sure. It's been over a month and even though I get by doing normal daily activities its a struggle with feeling like everything is moving. :(:(

Bam77
08-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Here's a simple test to see if its your ears. Stand up straight and close your eyes. Keep them closed and count to 8. Go to 10 if ya can. If you don't fall over or lose balance its not your ears.

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Here's a simple test to see if its your ears. Stand up straight and close your eyes. Keep them closed and count to 8. Go to 10 if ya can. If you don't fall over or lose balance its not your ears.

Okay I can do that no problem and I don't have any problem... So if its not my ears what could it be? Now the word tumor is flashing in my mind :(:(

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Okay I can do that no problem and I don't have any problem... So if its not my ears what could it be? Now the word tumor is flashing in my mind :(:(

I do feel wobbly doing that though

Bam77
08-25-2013, 05:04 PM

Not a tumor. Its anxiety. When you closed your eyes it made your ears compensate to maintain balance. Being anxious can cause you to scan a lot ( it does me anyway). Which can cause an off balance dizzy feeling. Anxiety can also make you sensitive to motion stimuli. Its tied to our balance system. Ignoring it and realizing what it is has helped me a lot. Its not easy but can be done. There is something called psychogenic dizziness. Which is anxiety related. Its not dangerous and wont hurt you. I can definitely relate because it was honestly my worst symptom. I could take the others, but that one was a pain.

Bam77
08-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Wobbly is normal. An ENT had me do that and I was very wobbly but didn't fall over or take a step. That told him what it was. Even he diagnosed anxiety.

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Not a tumor. Its anxiety. When you closed your eyes it made your ears compensate to maintain balance. Being anxious can cause you to scan a lot ( it does me anyway). Which can cause an off balance dizzy feeling. Anxiety can also make you sensitive to motion stimuli. Its tied to our balance system. Ignoring it and realizing what it is has helped me a lot. Its not easy but can be done. There is something called psychogenic dizziness. Which is anxiety related. Its not dangerous and wont hurt you. I can definitely relate because it was honestly my worst symptom. I could take the others, but that one was a pain.

What did you feel? I feel like objects/walls/floor etc... are moving. I feel slanted sometimes, I over compensate my footing when walking as I feel my perception is off. Other times I feel like I need to shake my head a bit to reset my mind.. Never helps but feels like it will. Sleeping and resting make me feel better afterwards, as though everything gets back to normal for a brief period of time.

Bam77
08-25-2013, 05:39 PM
I felt like I was walking on a boat. I also noticed that movement in my peripheral vision could set off a dizzy/off balance feeling. The only thing that helped was staying in bed. I did that for almost 2 weeks and had enough of it. I finally got up and started doing things. Anything. The busier I got the less I noticed it. I know the celexa has helped quite a bit. I still get an off balance feeling every now and then when my anxiety flares up, but not as bad.

frankzito
08-25-2013, 05:49 PM
It can go on for days on end, seem to get it off and on all day. Had it so bad, couldn't walk for a few days. Had to crawl or would fall to the right, but it went away. Now it's just occasional, but still don't like it

Anthony Mendez
08-25-2013, 05:52 PM
I have had 2 family members that experienced the same thing your describing and both of them had ear wax build up. After getting their ears cleaned all symptoms had dissipated.

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 06:01 PM
I cleaned my ears with hydrogen peroxide and it felt a bit better but I still feel "off". I'm starting to think that I'm exacerbating the situation which is making it carry on. I work in an office to with no windows and I think that makes it worse also.

Anthony Mendez
08-25-2013, 06:03 PM
My 2 family members having built up ear wax was a very common reason for this objects moving/ bending etc. Also you need to get your eyes examined, their are many diseases of the eye. But for a person with Anxiety/ Panic Attacks, when I was suffering with Panic Attacks/anxiety/adrenaline rush etc, my vision would react like your describing. I did more than a few things to correct this but it took over 2 years. I worked out, ate very healthy, drank lots of water and stopped drinking any alcohol which sucked! and when I say I worked out at the gym. I mean I worked out hard until I saw walls bending and moving. I noticed over time that my vision was getting better every month. And if I did get that deformed vision I was better at mentally staying positive because I had a positive experience with deformed vision from working out hard. I guess i played a mental trick on myself :) I say get an eye exam first.

Anthony Mendez
08-25-2013, 06:06 PM
I love the way peroxide feels when bubbling in your ears! Seems like your gonna tackle this no matter what. Stay positive.

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 06:29 PM
My 2 family members having built up ear wax was a very common reason for this objects moving/ bending etc. Also you need to get your eyes examined, their are many diseases of the eye. But for a person with Anxiety/ Panic Attacks, when I was suffering with Panic Attacks/anxiety/adrenaline rush etc, my vision would react like your describing. I did more than a few things to correct this but it took over 2 years. I worked out, ate very healthy, drank lots of water and stopped drinking any alcohol which sucked! and when I say I worked out at the gym. I mean I worked out hard until I saw walls bending and moving. I noticed over time that my vision was getting better every month. And if I did get that deformed vision I was better at mentally staying positive because I had a positive experience with deformed vision from working out hard. I guess i played a mental trick on myself :) I say get an eye exam first.

I did have my eyes checked last year and there's was nothing wrong... But being the anxious person I am I have made another appointment for this Thursday. Hoping all goes well and I'm still in the clear :) I should probably work on getting more active. I eat properly and drink lots of water but lack the motivation to exercise...

onebreathatatime
08-25-2013, 06:30 PM
I love the way peroxide feels when bubbling in your ears! Seems like your gonna tackle this no matter what. Stay positive.

I like the feeling too but initially I almost had a panic attack! Lol

Anthony Mendez
08-25-2013, 06:43 PM
LOL, when you smile, you can't possibly have an attack . Thanks for making me smile and laugh to onebreathatatime :)