PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Dreams About Disease

jenlew
08-25-2013, 07:06 AM
I keep having dreams that I am diagnosed with various diseases, most of them incurable. The most common ones that are recurrent in my dreams (maybe I should refer to them as nightmares) are cancer and herpes. Very early this morning, I awoke in a panic from being dream-diagnosed with hepatitis. I don't know why these dreams keep happening. I've spent the past two hours shaking and unable to concentrate on anything. I know it's bad, but I can't stop myself from Googling. I've shown absolutely no signs or symptoms for any STDs, and I've been tested for the main ones. I'm stuck in a perpetual state of worry and I don't know how to escape. Someone please tell me I'm okay.

Jessicaleanne1992
08-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Im sorry you feel this way. Your past sexual behavior (or current for that matter) is nothing to be ashamed of. Have you tried talking to a therapist to get past the guilt and fear? Dreams are tricky because you can't avoid them.

jenlew
08-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Im sorry you feel this way. Your past sexual behavior (or current for that matter) is nothing to be ashamed of. Have you tried talking to a therapist to get past the guilt and fear? Dreams are tricky because you can't avoid them.

I can't afford therapy and my health insurance doesn't cover it. :/

Jessicaleanne1992
08-25-2013, 09:35 PM
There is help but you have to reach out to people. Look up therapy for low income, most times places will have a sliding scale for people with no insurance.