PDA

View Full Version : Religion, superstition?

KitahD
08-22-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure how to explain this....I'm not paranoid nor do I experience mania or hallucinate...but, I sometimes get worried about things I see and thinking there is a hidden meaning to what I'm seeing. Example, I may look at my child's drawing and get scared that I see a image or word in it that disturbs me. I generally only do this kind of thing with my children...not at work, not watching television, etc. It's really disturbing me. I see a therapist weekly and she says I'm classic for OCD anxiety. I somehow think I'm different and that only a 'crazy' person thinks this way....as if her diagnosis is incorrect. Please tell me I'm not alone....

MegC
08-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I do this all the time!!! Look for hidden meanings in thing... Like someone is sending me a sign! The signs are always wrong!!! The thing with people like us is we have GREAT imaginations!!! Over thinking is our best quality!

KitahD
08-22-2013, 07:44 PM
I constantly need reassurance that I'm not going to become bipolar or schizophrenic! My kids will be playing and I freak out (only in my mind, they never know) that I heard them say "die" or something else disturbing. Does this make sense?

KitahD
08-24-2013, 04:56 PM
*bump

QUOTE="KitahD;113032"]I'm not sure how to explain this....I'm not paranoid nor do I experience mania or hallucinate...but, I sometimes get worried about things I see and thinking there is a hidden meaning to what I'm seeing. Example, I may look at my child's drawing and get scared that I see a image or word in it that disturbs me. I generally only do this kind of thing with my children...not at work, not watching television, etc. It's really disturbing me. I see a therapist weekly and she says I'm classic for OCD anxiety. I somehow think I'm different and that only a 'crazy' person thinks this way....as if her diagnosis is incorrect. Please tell me I'm not alone....[/QUOTE]