PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pains by your heart?

padrepio34
08-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Does anyone get sharp pains by there heart? Like when you breathe in and out?

Nikki01
08-22-2013, 04:45 PM
I get them sometimes...they sometimes come on whenever not necessarily when I breath...I hate it though...butbi think its normal...I try to ignore them

padrepio34
08-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Yea thats what im trying to do and now i have a discomfort feeling by my heart ughh and thats what i hate the most u get that too?

tailspin
08-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes, I get that discomfort feeling around my heart too. I also get a lot of tightness in my chest. I asked my doctor about this and she suggested it was because I'm so tense that the muscles there get tight. I'm not entirely convinced, but I guess it makes sense.

padrepio34
08-22-2013, 06:04 PM
So its really nothing its the muscle causing it i guess?

Nikki01
08-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Its possible it can be a muscle spasm...just try and rub your shoulders and relax I know its not the same as someone else doing it but it helps...and as the other person stated when we have anxiety we tend to have alot more tension in our muscles or that has alot to do with it...my therapist has told me to try and relax and deep breathing while telling yourself its ok its just the anxiety that is making you feel this way...you kind of get a sense of calm when you tell yourself to relax...also before I go to bed I lay there on my back relaxed I start from my toes up focusing on that one area and breathing and telling myself relax I take a few seconds then I go to the bottom of my foot and so on sometimes I dont even make it to my ankles im already asleep