PDA

View Full Version : Short of breath

nicole123x
08-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Does anyone's shortness or breath sound like this..

It feels like you need to take a good breath, like a big sigh all the time and you feel like you aren't taking any air in, you are just constantly sighing and kind of yawning ..

emtw12
08-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Yes me it used to be bad but it's a bit better now!

nicole123x
08-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Yes me it used to be bad but it's a bit better now!

I haven't had it for a long long time, I have just started my first job after leaving school, and I also picked up my gcse's results this afternoon, and tonight I feel really anxious!

mistiblue
08-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Yep, I get this off and on. I am dealing with it now actually. I have felt this way for 3 days. It is making me feel dizzy now. I know it is anxiety because I just got off my monthly and my anxiety is always high at that time. I was having bad heart flutter during my monthly and it caused my shortness of breath and dizziness. It is like a cycle for me, now I have to wait for this to go away and something else will rear it's ugly head.
I am sorry you are dealing with this and hope you are feeling better!

Lin
08-29-2013, 09:21 PM
I get shortness of breath, but only when I am having a panic attack because I start to breath so shallow from my chest and so fast. It is really easy to have it so bad that you hyperventilate and feel dizzy and sick etc. Holding your hand over your mouth and nose and breathing helps to slow down your breathing and will help with the shortness of breath - just another way from holding a paper bag over your mouth and breathing. Might be worth trying next time you get it.