PDA

View Full Version : Heart flutters/ jumps

mistiblue
08-22-2013, 01:52 AM
Ok, so I've had these before and the just went away. I have recently started having them again. They happen all day and they make me feel anxious and scared, like my hearts gonna stop. They just feel like little jumps in my chest.
Anyone else get these? Is it possible to have them all day?

Stephj526
08-22-2013, 03:20 AM
Ok, so I've had these before and the just went away. I have recently started having them again. They happen all day and they make me feel anxious and scared, like my hearts gonna stop. They just feel like little jumps in my chest.
Anyone else get these? Is it possible to have them all day?

Palpitations are awful. There are some triggers, caffeine, alcohol, stress, being dehydrated, lack of sleep... Do you avoid those things? I constantly feel like my heart is failing, so I totally understand. It happens off and on all day.

mistiblue
08-22-2013, 07:19 AM
I try, but I haven't been getting a whole lot of sleep lately. That could be the problem :( And stress...well, that just seems to happen and I don't even FEEL stressed.
They really are awful....very bothersome. I'm trying not to focus on them, but it's hard!!! Ugh!

FacingFears
08-22-2013, 07:28 AM
ah, i feel for you. Yeah I get these too. As Steph said normally from lack of sleep or lots of caffeine. Stress normally plays a factor for me too. Anyway to answer your question, I normally get a few during particular days maybe 2/3 per day for a couple of days. Extra sleep and relaxing normally resets me.

Not to worry you, but as always, it can be good to check with a pro and go see your GP, if you experience this often.

mistiblue
08-22-2013, 09:18 AM
I was checked out about a year ago by a Cardiologist because of the flutters. Everything was ok, I have mild MVP and premature heartbeats, but other than that all was normal. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get checked out again. I'm sure a lot can change in a year. Trying to keep a positive outlook on it :)