PDA

View Full Version : Workout = Panic Attacks

GymRatNoMore
08-20-2013, 07:50 AM
This keeps happening to me, once I start working out I feel light-headed, out of breath, and I feel like I'm going to pass out. This is continuous and I was wondering if anyone has the same problem and what they do to mitigate workout anxiety? It's never been this bad before my initial attacks, and I'm struggling with my workouts constantly now

str8trippin
08-20-2013, 08:43 AM
I'm no help here...I haven't even been able to work out at all. I've been doing really great with my anxiety...haven't had too many issues, but starting to work out again just hasn't happened. I go to bed and wake up in the morning saying today I'm going back, but by the time I'm off work and face actually doing it, it just doesn't happen. Then I end up frustrated with myself for not having the willpower to do it. :/

iwillsurvive
08-20-2013, 06:35 PM
I have been having this problem too. I think it's because when my heart and breathing rate start to increase, my brain automatically thinks I'm having a panic attack and then I start to panic. For a while I just stopped exercising but that didn't really help. I just started again. I've been walking with some intervals of jogging. The intervals seem to help because everything slows down again when I walk and I feel reassured that it is not panic. I also have been taking my daughter with me so I have someone to talk to which seems to distract me.

GymRatNoMore
08-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Thank you for sharing and I believe the same thing happens to me, my mind thinks it is a panic attack and my physical symptoms arise automatically

Jessicaleanne1992
08-20-2013, 10:32 PM
I dont have a panic attack while working out per say. But i do always get really sick after. Throw up, awful nausea, diarrhea, headache. I'll come home and crash, sleep 6 hours, then be fine. And it's every time. Even when I take it slow. I have no idea why this happens to me but it sicks and I hate it.

jamus75
08-20-2013, 11:44 PM
I have been having this problem too. I think it's because when my heart and breathing rate start to increase, my brain automatically thinks I'm having a panic attack and then I start to panic. For a while I just stopped exercising but that didn't really help. I just started again. I've been walking with some intervals of jogging. The intervals seem to help because everything slows down again when I walk and I feel reassured that it is not panic. I also have been taking my daughter with me so I have someone to talk to which seems to distract me.

Exactly same problem for me

DodgingRain
08-21-2013, 06:44 AM
It may not be anxiety. On one side of my family there is an issue with blood volume being to low. When I'm in better shape my blood pressure, etc is lower simply because I'm in better shape. But when you combine lower blood pressure with a low blood volume it leads to things like dizziness, passing out, etc. A lot of times those occur right when there is a change in blood pressure such as standing up, or intense bursts of exercise.

Essentially to prevent the problem I can't let my weight get to low. At 6 foot if I start to go much below 195 I end up with more issues, around 215+ they all but disappear.