PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Lucy
11-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi I'm Lucy, I'm a 20 year old student living in Wales. I've recently accepted that I am suffering with some kind of anxiety disorder and have felt very alone until realising I am not the only one with this problem. I'd love to hopefully help each other through our problems. I have joined for two reasons...to learn more about this and to stop feeling so alone!

2 summers ago I had what I thought was a stomach disorder. After blood tests it became apparent that there was nothing physically wrong. My aunt suggested it could be anxiety related. I denied this but inwardly agreed. Recently I've started having mild panic attacks whilst on trains, buses, in lectures, supermarkets and in places where I feel resricted or trapped. I have been given a book prescription (a self-help talking book) and am about to start it. Over the past 2 days I've stayed in the house and have felt generally anxious, with 'air hunger' and it's getting me down more than ever. Basically, I'm determined to do something about it and hope that we can work through it together!

Lucy xx

RabidBadger
11-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi Lucy

I'm Chris. I am a recovering agoraphobic and panic attack sufferer and I'd be very interested to know how you get on with your book.

I can be contacted via my website below if you ever want to know anything about anxiety.

Good luck

Chris x