PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

Drich360
08-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Okay. Need some advice since i know several of you in this group have more than likely experienced this at some point in time. I've had a traumatic life event that has caused me to enter into a constant," Fight or Flight" state of mind. 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I'm always in survival mode and constantly hyper vigilant. It's a feeling that I want to escape I can see through it but i can't control it. I'm aware of what it is but its in control of me. So its a constant battle between two forms of consciousness. Logic and my brains natural defense mechanisms for Survival. Any input on what this is, how to overcome it, medications that a doctor would more than likely use and of course, anybody who can relate to this would be helpful.

FearWontStopMe
08-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Hello. You are not alone. When I first experienced anxiety I had it nearly nonstop for a full month. I was pale, hardly slept or ate and always ready for doom.
My advice to you:
1.) first and foremost,meditate! Focusing on your breathing makes a world of difference.
2.) Tell yourself it is a passing sensation. Even if you don't believe it at first, that's fine.
3.) Accept how you are feeling. Fighting anxiety makes it only worse. Close your eyes and tell yourself you accept the uncertainty.

:) You will be okay.