PDA

View Full Version : Been to doctors

emtw12
08-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Does anyone get a pain in there breast (or chest boys) when they breathe in or move quickly? I've had it before but it's back and im scared to bresthe in cos the pain and doctors say its cos my muscles are tight :(

emtw12
08-19-2013, 08:56 AM
but deep heat doesn't work :/

str8trippin
08-19-2013, 10:00 AM
What does the pain feel like?

emtw12
08-19-2013, 10:03 AM
when I breathe in its like a sharp pain it's everytime too

str8trippin
08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Does it increase the deeper in you breath...or if you lay down or bend down or that sort of thing?

emtw12
08-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Yes if I move a funny angle it'll hurt it hurts if I cough sometimes ad if I breathe in really deeply it's hurt :(

str8trippin
08-19-2013, 10:25 AM
I had chest pain similar to what you are describing for years...it would come and go and I could never really pinpoint what would trigger it, but when I had it it was sort of centralized around my breastbone/sternum area and above, and radiated through to my back, and it increased when I would first lay down or change positions, or if I took a really deep breath, which would cause me to alter my breathing pattern because I didn't want it to hurt. After a few days, it would slowly get less and less and then go away, and then months later it would come back again and I'd be back to wondering what on earth it was. Then one day while goofing around on the iTriage app on my cell phone, I discovered costochondritis. I was amazed because I'd always had an impossible time describing what the chest pain felt like, and when I read the description of the symptoms it was SPOT ON! Check it out...could be what you are experiencing. And don't panic, it's nothing serious!

"An inflammatory condition that affects the cartilaginous portions of the ribs and causes chest pain. It affects one or more ribs, most commonly the second or third ribs, especially where these ribs meet the breastbone (sternum). The pain that is produced is sharp and often intensified by change of position of the ribs, such as lying down, bending over, coughing or sneezing. Symptoms may be confused with that of coronary artery disease or a heart attack."

emtw12
08-20-2013, 01:31 AM
Thanku . it's agony to move n sit up :( n the pain hurts whatever I do even just a little tiny movement. is there anything I can take?

str8trippin
08-20-2013, 08:19 AM
I take Ibuprofen and it does seem to help alleviate it somewhat when it's at its worst. They suggest an anti-inflammatory for that in particular since it is caused by inflammation of the cartilage...but I guess that depends if that's really what it is or not. Something like Ibuprofen or Tylenol won't hurt though.