PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram / celaxa

ste
08-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Hello i just wanted to say i was in a right mess for about 8 months really bad i was didnt want to go anywhere or be with anyone cause i had this weird anxiety of being sick in front of people with a strange tightning / lump in throat it really got me down and affected my life so bad that in the end i had no choice but to go the doctors. I was addmitting defeat if you like and could not take no more of it i tried reading stuff about my problems and meditation all that stuff but it did not work so the doctor prescribed me with citalopram which at first was the last thing i thought i needed because i wanted to fight this myself but anyone suffering reading this YOU WONT so for the first few days and night i felt like i was on a strange drugs in the middle of the night when i was still lying awake i felt like going for a jog or decorating my house but once they kicked in i noticed a massive change a life changeing experiance which was what i needed and made me think it was what id been missing for years. I was doing things which i never used to to like dancing at a party for example. I was on 1x 20mg tab a day and thats all i needed and im still on then today and feeling great my life is almost perfect just by going to speak to my doc. Although i know i have put on a fair bit of weight i would not swap it for anything as im enjoying everything and want to share my experience so so you can do the same. Did not try any other meds other than over the counter stuff but would advise anyone to speak to their doc and have ago of what he feels is right for you and stick with it. THANKS FOR READING AND HOPE YOU ALL FEEL THE WAY I DO SOON. MESSAGE ME IF YOU NEED ANY MORE ADVICE

emtw12
08-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Do they really work that good? Doctors says u get horrible side affects :(

Bam77
08-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Im glad its working for you ste. I too am on celexa and its helped quite a bit. As far as side effects goes I haven't really had any.

sazco
08-19-2013, 01:30 AM

what doctors said this? everybody is different its not even proven youll get any side effects and if you do they could range depending on many factors.

alankay
08-19-2013, 07:43 AM
I guess the docs and medicine have a clue after all. :) Alankay

chasingdogma
08-19-2013, 11:07 AM
I started Celexa a few weeks back. There were significant side effects while my body adjusted, but overall, I do feel that it is bringing my tension and anxiety level way down.

ste
08-19-2013, 11:44 AM

Yes they really do for me but it does depend on the person please try as you could be one whos life is transformed

FearWontStopMe
08-19-2013, 12:44 PM
I am on Citalopram. The first time I tool it I went into shock and threw up. However, my body adjusted quickly and I must say I do not regret it. Every medicine can somehow harm you, but that doesn't mean they will. :)