PDA

View Full Version : What happens when school/college know a student has an anxiety disorder?

GeneralWorrier
08-18-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm 17 and go to sixth form (for those outside the UK it's the 2 year education straight after school but before university) I think they may be on the brink of finding out I have an anxiety disorder which I have been trying to hide from them.

Does anyone work in a school or somewhere similar? What things will they do? Do they have meetings about students and things like that? I just want a heads up on what might be happening when I return there.

locksey
08-18-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm 17 and go to sixth form (for those outside the UK it's the 2 year education straight after school but before university) I think they may be on the brink of finding out I have an anxiety disorder which I have been trying to hide from them.

Does anyone work in a school or somewhere similar? What things will they do? Do they have meetings about students and things like that? I just want a heads up on what might be happening when I return there.

Hi , I work in a school but primary ..... Why would u think they may want a meeting about it ?
Is it affecting the class , your work or attendance ?
I really don't think it will be an issue for the sixth form

GeneralWorrier
08-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi , I work in a school but primary ..... Why would u think they may want a meeting about it ?
Is it affecting the class , your work or attendance ?
I really don't think it will be an issue for the sixth form

Hey thanks for replying,

The sixth form I'm in is very protective, if that's the right word to use. They want to do the best they can for students and ever since my anxiety got worse they've been trying to find out what's wrong. They've been asking me to see them and now it's been taken to the head of sixth form and she's been trying to get it out of me, I know she's caring but I know once I tell them they'll try to interfere. I don't want to be the talk of the staff room or have all the other teachers know about my anxiety, some of the physical symptoms have got noticeable now. They started to notice because my hands shake real bad when I'm anxious so when I'm writing I noticed that my teachers were focussing on my hands because they were shaking so much. I just wondered what might happen now they know?

locksey
08-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Hey thanks for replying,

The sixth form I'm in is very protective, if that's the right word to use. They want to do the best they can for students and ever since my anxiety got worse they've been trying to find out what's wrong. They've been asking me to see them and now it's been taken to the head of sixth form and she's been trying to get it out of me, I know she's caring but I know once I tell them they'll try to interfere. I don't want to be the talk of the staff room or have all the other teachers know about my anxiety, some of the physical symptoms have got noticeable now. They started to notice because my hands shake real bad when I'm anxious so when I'm writing I noticed that my teachers were focussing on my hands because they were shaking so much. I just wondered what might happen now they know?

It's down to u if you want to talk to them or not ,they will prob just keep an eye on you to make sure yr ok etc .... Just maybe say your not ready to talk to them .... And if u did speak to them I'm certain you wouldn't be the talk of the staff room , they would only talk bcz they care